Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Nitty Gritty Boring Details

Well. I told skip I was going to veg out but I can't let 35 minutes of waiting (it's a surprise why I am waiting) go to waste. So, here's a shot at the last couple of days! (Sorry, this one is kind of boring)

Our trip to Tybee was amazing and the drive home was peaceful, painless and quite enjoyable. I think I dozed often but overall I don't remember it, other than the stopping for food fiasco, so that's good! (No one seems to want the same fast food choices these days so you can figure how long it takes us to stop once. Hehe. I kind of like it now)

Sunday I walked in and literally shoes on and everything plopped on the couch and passed out. Skip got everything unpacked, cooked, washed, really everything you can think of. He's the best mommy-daddy ever!

Sunday overnight was filled with gastric bloating and horrible fullness that almost makes you want to stick your fingers down your throat but you know that won't help. So I shifted and turned all night. It was rough. 

Then we woke up for Monday. Got my school morning selfies with the girls and off to school they went! Crash, back on the couch goes skip, Jax and I. All I can think is this is so comfortable but that our to do list is REAL AND skip is officially working today. (At some point I did hear him ask how he did that all day every day all the time!!? He was pretty wiped too) 

My mom arrived and we hit it hard. Plane flights, hotel, insurance leads and forms, little stuff and big stuff. 5 hours went by and I barely scratched the surface. By 5pm we closed up shop. That was a full time job but we have a great plan!

I have a spine MRI at 1:30 today and bloodwork tomorrow to confirm how low my blood levels are gonna go. We fly out to MDA this Wednesday night and meet Dr B Thursday morning. We have NO clue what to expect but we're told 5-7 business days. We are going with 5. I assume there will be a lot of poking and prodding and meeting and explaining but beyond that it's a glorious journey I can't WAIT to embark on! Ok. Stay on track Nadine!! Plan is to return October 7th in case the first course of treatment remains and we finish chemo course 1. 

Now. Because I thought, prayed and dwelled on this one situation enough to lose it, we decided we needed to come home for the weekend. I know, additional travel, additional germs, additional exhaustion, BUT my daughters homecoming dance is that evening and I couldn't imagine not doing her hair and makeup and pictures and seeing how excited she was in person. So. We did it. And... Because I'm the coolest wife ever I made the plane ticket back to Houston at 10:00pm so on our way to the airport, oh say, 2:00, we might just have a few minutes to lay on the grass at centennial and watch Foo. (It was our GREATEST Christmas gift to skip EVER and I was crushed when he reminded me MDA fell during it. He was so cool about it, me not so cool.) so there you are, the week of crazy after a week of chemo. I just want to make sure if for some reason Gods will is something drastically different from what we are praying that we make every moment of every day of every second count like its never counted before. 

So some may think wow. That's too much even for a healthy person, you're right, but I plan to sleep a lot in the betweens and keep myself fueled with the power and strength of the one who so graciously gives it. Praying the airport travel is smooth, that upgrades are available and that germy people are not around us. I am praying for amazing answers and results and to be blown away by the level of care and expertise of Dr Booser and his team. I pray for all my angels behind us that you all pray when prompted and never hesitate to drop a text. You encourage us more than you know!! We pray you are overly blessed by how you've blessed us. It's time to go. 

I have to share my surprise... It's gonna be pretty funky! 

Love you all LOTS and lots!!

God's got this too. 

the pic was my surprise! :)

2 comments: