Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Activities

What an amazing weekend! We stayed a good kind of busy...

Saturday morning started with our prayer circle at the lake that maybe tripled in number since the week before! Our blue herons were there, the sun was beautifully placed, the weather was brisk and fall was in the air. This time Skip came with me and we prayed some big bold prayers. I can't describe the site and the overwhelming feeling that circulates through your body, but those Saturdays give me a power that is something like I never have had before.

I went home and grabbed a nap, because the night before was brutal. For whatever reason, nights remain hard. For some reason as my body relaxes, the most cancer filled areas feel the need to shout and spasm. Regardless, I caught an amazing nap and then chilled around the house until cheer.

Yes, I am still bound and determined to watch and support my kids at their little events, but when we got to sprayberry and we saw how far I was going to walk we knew that the idea of buying a mommy stroller was not just an idea anymore. Oh, and yes, I want a stroller because I had never seen one, and it looks super cool. So during the trek across the field I stopped multiple time to let the pain in my bones chill. We got almost there and I looked at Skip like no way. So he popped me up on his back and carried me up to the stadium. It was the sweetest EVER!

We got terribly beat but watching the girls was as beautiful as ever. I love seeing how big and beuaituful Madison has come and the joy cheering brings to her. It's so evident as the smile she has NEVER gets wiped off her face when she is there.

We finally made it home and to bed, and unfortunately, another night of pain, but slept a little more than the night before.

Sunday I was up by 5:30, and all I could think about was getting to church. Skip's mom and Warren were going to meet us there and then we were going to a bike ride that had planned in our honor. I just want to say church was UNREAL. I always get that, "Aw, mikes not preaching today..." feeling when someone else gets up, but I had prayed for the message and what awesomeness did God have in store for us!! I think I'll need to listen again, but just so everyone knows, the new High School Pastor at NorthStar is unreal and I left there with a full heart and soul.

We made it over to the bike ride. Now I had my bike and for those that are thinking WHAT!!??? A BIKE??!! You have to understand it hurts worse to walk than it does to be on a bike. The preasure on the pelvic bone when I walk is so bad. The cancer has just settled into some spots that make it miserable to walk. So I hopped on my bike and planned to ride the little flat road. But when we got to the back, peer pressure (not really) got me to do the beginner mile. It took several times of me fighting back tears of joy. I cannot tell you how many times I thought about the fact I'd never ride again. And as I was peaceful about where God was going to take me, he allowed this gift. I have to thank the Sorba chapter for Allatoona. Mary, Tammy, and John knocked it out. Not only raising money, but giving me one of the greatest gifts. I never wouldve sat at the trail all day. I never would have attempted to ride my bike. I cannot thank them enough for the support and for the support our bike family came out to give us. We are forever grateful.

Last night we got an amazing gift and Victoria Nielson took our family photos. The entire family...they have turned out beautiful and the love she captured is real. God worked through her and her camera to make some beautiful moments come to life with the people in this world I love most. Thank you big time my sweet friend, your gift of a picture is priceless.

Now, ready for some awesomeness?
1. I slept through the night.
2. No pain.
3. We slept in.
4. I still have no pain.

Prayers are being answered daily. The cancer inside me is dying, we are confident and we are expecting God to perform the biggest miracle. Can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. My heart bleeds when does yours. My heart laughs when does yours. My strength gets stronger with God who holds me as I pray for you many times daily, so then does yours. You will ride again. You will be 100% healed. You are fighting the biggest battle but you have already won the war as God is always victorious! He and all his angels are standing all around you and Skip and our grand babies, your Mom and Dad, your brother and all of us- your family always! We love you Nadine. There is NOTHING we would not do for you and yours. Keep the blog going for us all. Right now we have to hear it, to feel your words and share in your thoughts. xoxo love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadine, I grew up in Griffin with Skip. I am not sure when I met him because Griffinites are so much like family: you don't remember when you met them, just that they seem to have always been there. I have been following your journey via FB and I want to let you know that you all are at the top of my prayers every night. When I read that your cancer was back for a fourth time, I started crying as if I truly know you. I have seen your pictures throughout the years, and I see the love you have for Skip and your daughters. As a mother and wife, I cannot in any way fathom what you all are going through, but the brave face you put on is so inspirational. You are clearly a woman of strength and faith. Please know that prayers are being said for you daily from far and wide. "May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26 Amen. Love, Heather Roberts

    ReplyDelete