Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Miracle MRI

MRI

I know I’ve build this up, so here it goes.

On Wednesday I had a spine MRI to try to determine what was causing all of the flare ups. My doctor was concerned I might have a fracture or worse, deterioration to the spine from the cancer. No amount of pain meds were helping during these flare ups and she witnessed one on chemo day.

Now a week prior I had a CT and mask making at the radiation oncologist for the brain radiation. Now, if you remember, I was in tears after 15 minutes of laying on my back. Well, this day, they wheel me up and when I ask how long, she says, about an hour and a half. I said, “impossible. I don’t think I’m going to be able to do this.”

Boy, was I in for the hour of my life.

She made me comfortable. Within 30 seconds I had this strange, never before, feeling in my throat and started coughing uncontrollably. Let’s start over.

Okay. I’m okay. No pain. Oh wait, I feel it… think pressure on shoulders. Okay, no pain. Prayer. Scripture comes to mind. Feel the pain trying, no, Jesus you are with me. Pain goes. Prayer. Hot flash that makes me sweat. Oh no I need to rip this sheet off me. But if I call, its that much longer. Perseverance. Endure. I picture me and Jesus in Alaska on top of a glacier. I ask him what glaciers are all about because I really don’t get it. It was cooling off. We are half way done. Time for IV.

All goes smoothly. Contrast in, no complications.

Back to the mind war and still, no pain. This is UNREAL. She says 20 more minutes. Okay, we’ve got this. The same things go over and over. Prayer, hint of pain, scripture, whatever. done.

I made it! There is NO way!!! Just over an hour, on my back, without a flare up. THIS IS A MIRACLE.

Skip met me and I could barely keep it together in the car. All I want is a donut and coffee. The first song to start playing is “fly with Jesus.” Really. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtR6o65IzuE
I couldn’t hold back the tears at that point, I was completely overwhelmed. 
And of course, the next song, “Overwhelmed.”

He was beside me in that little MRI machine. Ok. I can barely type this. I can’t explain it, other than Jesus. Listen to the words of this songs, he held my hand the entire way and still does. He goes with us everywhere we go, I think we just forget to acknowledge he is standing there.

The results were also astounding. No collapse. No breaks. So far, nothing significant other than a nephrotic kidney freaking out. Praising God it's not cancer bone pain. Can't tell you how awesome this is...


Off to MD Anderson, will blog my heart out so you guys feel like you’re with us, because you are!! Thanks for coming along and supporting us...

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing!!! What an incredible moment...being out of pain is strange too..your mind searches for it...Jesus did have your hand.
    Love you,
    Princess Suzanne

    ReplyDelete