Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Liver Biopsy Party

All morning long, a nurse would write on that whiteboard under TODAYS GOALS: Liver Biopsy. And secretly, I would go up and erase it. I'm sorry, who wants to look up and see that your having a liver biopsy OVER AND OVER! Not me? So that was really fun, especially when I finally told them when it was all over.

When the guys came up to get me they were awesome. I sat up in my bed like a little princess and we rolled down the hallway. I get a little nuts and talk A LOT when I'm nervous, so my mission in life was to make these guys laugh. Well considering I had the best two techs in the hospital with me, that became obvious that we were there to make me feel better about this whole thing. Jamie my bartender was awesome and we laughed and cut up forever. I can't remember the ultrasound tech's name but I find out right before he goes to 12 Stone Church and we have great conversation. There ends up being like 10 people in for this biopsy which blew me away. 

I tend to not react to the drug versaid so I was completely aware of what was going on. YAY! I do have to say now, if I was going to pick lymph node neck biopsy and liver, I may actually choose liver! I definitely hurt once they got down in there, but overall, my angel doctors and nurses were keeping it light and fun. It was really nice to laugh for a while and kind of forget all of the bad things. I guess God knew exactly what I needed just for that moment. It's one of my happiest moments this week.

**The results are back and it has been confirmed this is my breast cancer. They said side by side you cannot tell the strain apart. We are still waiting on the receptors which will allow us to know exactly how to treat this madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment