Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Finding Hope

Where did the whole hope thing come from? An angel. In the ER I had come back to my room from the bathroom and there sat this darling girl who says in the most amazing Haitian accent, "Hi, my name is Nadine!" She was absolutely adorable and wore a super ER shirt. I instantly started bawling my eyes out. One of my best friends always called me her superwoman and would send me pictures and texts encouraging me during C3. Unfortunately, I could barely talk to her without bawling my eyes out so she just held me repeating,"Do not lose hope. You must remember, our name means hope!! So when we do not have any, you remember what our name means! We are positive." I never saw her after I left the ER, but she was an answer to prayer.

When I was admitted and got my room, they have a white board with the doctor goals and personal goals. They kept asking me what they were but I had nothing. Finally, I knew what it was. It was "Find Hope." That was the only way we were going to survive this.

No comments:

Post a Comment