Wednesday, September 23, 2015

It Feels Like A Carnival Ride

It's quite unreal how high and low you can go in a 24 hour period. 

I got my port yesterday. I was fairly nervous as my previous experience was not good, but this one was wayyyyy better. It's a blur, praise Jesus. It's a little sore and I slept most of yesterday away, but found a little ooomf to watch my kids run the Cherokee Fair. Skip wheeled me back and forth and I even got to ride the Ferris wheel!! The kids laughed and smiled bigger than ever and being with my entire family was just what I needed. Didn't matter that I just had surgery, I HAD to do it, just to prove to myself I was  still strong. 

I am pretty sure I slept last night but I awoke today not feeling awesome. I had told skip,"at least there is nothing painful today!" Wrong. The echo cardiogram had me lay on my left side which is my worst side. No fun but I did hear her say she didn't see any fluid around the heart. That's good. 

Then it was radiation oncology at the other hospital. They made my mask to stabilize the head and I'll have 1-2 treatments to zap the little brain tumors into oblivion. It was cool though painful as all get out to lay on my back. I prayed and prayed for God to keep me still and to take the pain away. 

She told me this was only ten minutes but that the next time would be 45. That's a little concerning. But will tackle that bridge when it comes. 

I got home wiped out from the morning festivities, but my stomach still wasn't right. I started having liver pain and spasms, and the bloating and nausea were over the top. We started with juice and milk thistle and prayed for poo. 

Thank God we did, because for the first time in a day I can breathe. I'm not exaggerating. It's like you have a rounded brick strapped just below your rib cage. Pressure, pain, can't breathe. It's the best way I can describe it and it's awful. 

I can't imagine going into chemo feeling this drained and sick, but we are going to pray hard tonight that tomorrow is a good day. That my digestive system continues to work, that the chemo has minimal (better yet no) side effects, that all is uneventful and that my body tolerates chemo-juice #1. I have every drug under the sun ordered and ready to go, I have all my herbal remedies ready to go, now we just have to figure out how to pack for 4 people before bed. Hehe. Should be interesting, but looking forward to some ocean waves.

Please if we run across your mind this weekend say a prayer for us. Not entirely sure this is the smartest plan in the world to go vacationing on chemo but again, my stronger side says we have to. 

Thanks to everyone who is cooking for us and bringing meals. I cannot tell you how much you have helped Skip. It's so hard to make special meals for everyone and their diets, the fact that so many have prureed, juiced, and whatever for me on top of making fabulous dinners for skip and the girls has just overwhelmed and blessed us so. Can't thank you enough. 

Tomorrow will be a big day of prayer. We stand in unity and strength and in power that this cancer WILL be defeated and we will see remission. Gods got this!!

Chemo for life. Milk for life. Prayers for life. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment