Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Tappin ommaya Grabbing Xometa Meeting another Superwoman

I'll update here...

On our way to Dr May in Atlanta as I like getting my Ommaya tapped there better. I have serious anxiety about tapping it now anyway, but I think I have some serious ad versions over the things that happened in Forsyth. Depocyte, I just shudder when I hear that name. Say it again...Mufasa! Okay Lion King just distracted me. I just put a blob of numbing cream on my ports. I couldn't find my Xanax OR Ativan so I'm a bit of a struggling mess. I already took zofram and that's not enough to hold back the nausea at the moment. Chomping on Altoids... Eek. Just looking forward to afterward. Going to be a cool morning. Meeting someone special:) stay positive Nadine...


Port accessed by my Cumming port nurse and that was a hoot. Laughed like. Maniac. Knees up and now they are making my tables ready. So please pray my ommaya works. Please oh please give her fluid!! And let it be clear. Please?


5cc of spinal fluid sent and obtained with minimal fight (I got a shot of Ativan) and my 1 minute of dread is over. I would love to expect miracle cytology results and I know as I blabber mouthed about how they'll be great I know Dr May didn't say a word. It would be a fun miracle for her too. Haven't been in this place in a long time. I really love the people here too. 
For old time sake we got a pic...


I spared you a needle picture as I wasn't sure I could do it. Hurts a little but nothing I can't deal. 

Xometa in and flowing. Going to pray for no side effects, maybe a nap!

Off we go. Got to visit some tower nurses and favorites so that was a ball. Now, I'm a cross the street awaiting to see my favorite Dr. Daddy, his team of beautiful women  and meet my very special friend Hollis. 

So we met!!! I'm thrilled. It was a joy to meet Hollis, this parallel traveler who makes me laugh and totally gets it all. Shoot. We did whole brain radiation at the same time! So glad Dr. Namnoum made us talk that day! 


Then Dr. N popped in between surgery. Oh the beyond love I have for this man. We talked a lot about new drugs and what's been going on and then he had to  swoosh back off. Love visiting my APS family, my favorite Cindy and missed our Allison. Funny how he talked about Opdivo also, just have to trust and see what all these scans show. 


Love. So we are off to lunch, Flying Biscuit, with my numero uno love. He's so beyond amazing and dealt with my crazy today like a rock star. 

Cytology results in a few days.

Went home and took a nice long nap, pulled dinner out of the crock pot and got the kids to volleyball. Skip scored a ride on the greenway and I did my first yoga class. I mainly had to do my own thing, like 50% Childs pose, but I felt muscles that had not been used in a long time. 

I only did thirty minutes as I'm still fighting  nausea land but headed home nor for a good night sleep and hopes to zero Xometa side effects :)

To all a good night!

6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and praying for the best outcome possible today! This is just not fair, I'm so sorry! Your entire posee of a team will be strong for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAYING, PRAYING, PRAYING xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying so hard for you Nadine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying so hard for you Nadine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dr. N!! You look so beautiful in all your pics. Praising God for a good day xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying always!!!! Love you Nadine...

    ReplyDelete