Monday, April 11, 2016

Casa del Mar

We used Uber to get us to the hotel which was a breeze and were beautifully greeted and welcomed. Everyone else seemed to be having check in issues but mom and her travel agency fabulousness had us early check in and we had a credit to our account from a sweet sweet family. We walk to the room, which is where? Oh, the top floor! It's gorgeous! I couldn't get over the room and we had flowers awaiting us!! After goo goo ing over the room we decided to walk to the beach. It was magnificent. Mountains on both sides, blue water, warm sand... We dig our toes in and then snuggled in the sand for a little nap. We walked back and decided to make a plan. Tonight would be the pier and Ferris wheel. We struggled with food as Yelp wasn't recommending much of anything close to the hotel so we just ate some junk on the pier so we could watch the sunset. Oh before we left, room service popped by with a "welcome" plate of cookies and truffles. I have to admit I laughed at the plate at first until skip bit into the first one and said some sound that made me know it was amazing. Oh and they were. Best truffles I have ever placed in my mouth. Anyway. Back to the pier. We ate and then jumped on the Ferris wheel because if I see one I must ride it. It's a thing. Hehe. We were freezing and I must say it wA the only time in my life I was saying please let us off! Lol. It was still gorgeous. We were going to get our "house car" yes, the hotel has a driver that will take you anywhere you like, but we decided to walk. It's not far. My watch went off with fireworks! "You made your goal!" It's been over 3 weeks since that has happened, made me smile. We passed by this cool park and a row of active sand volleyball courts that I so very badly wanted to join. We went back and got in the hot tub after again, having our room retidied, slippers and mats at the side of each side of the bed, a breakfast room service sheet, and they even snuck in a Kuerig!!! What!!? That like our favorite machine ever!!!! Lol. So back we are. Skip is passed out. Seeing as it is 1am at home I should be trying for bed too! Can't wait for the morning and what new things we discover. God bless all those who keep making this mini get-away so extra special. I can't even keep up anymore. We were going to go to Hollywood tomorrow but instead we are going to head back to the hotel and will hang by the pool and eat in their restaurant overlooking the ocean tomorrow. Think just being here is a little slice of heaven that i would love to just soak up for the remaining time. I feel like we are in a movie. It's so strange how perfect this mini vacation is yet knowing  how sick I am and that we are here for a reason!! I've been pondering it all day. I would've never chose California as a destination, guess someone wanted us here pretty badly. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment