Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Happy Tuesday (Part 2)

We left Dr Ks office and I felt like a mini weight had been lifted. Closed a door that needed to be closed a while ago, still need to pray on another closing, and a giant new door opened. New chapter, new season, starts now.

We went to a cute taco place just up from the beach and pier, sat outside and enjoyed a lovely lunch. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and beside the wind, lovely. 

I took a 800 IB profane, drank 2 glasses of tea and knew I'd be good to go for a while. So how do we celebrate a great visit, by getting city bikes of course! I just realized it was the same thing we did in Dallas! Cool. 

We got our bikes and rode about 2 miles at snail pace and I felt rather wobbly on them, but skip assured me that it wasn't me! Whew!! 

I was worked by the end and we decided to lay by the pool for the remainder of the day. Skip slept the entire time. Except for when we got into the hot tub and moves away from smokers. I tried. But I think o was overly sensitive to sun exposure and every time I was close I would think oh but now this is too hot and would move.

We finally went back to the room, relaxed a while and then went to the beach for one last visit. We saw a lady doing yoga like moves with a gold winged cape. It was odd yet cool. We decided it was too cold and that I had done enough and walked back to the hotel. Except, a woman with a typewriter on the ledge caught my eye. (That experience is its own blog post - Evelyn - and will come soon. 


We freshened up and went down to the hotel bar/lounge and sat by the amazing windows and watched the sunset with nice food and relaxed. It was nice.

I was shocked that skip was out again, literally holding the breakfast sheet in his hand. It made me giggle and hoped I would sleep as well. I didn't, but that's ok. Should actually be a cure to jet lag since I was up at 7 Atlanta time! Fingers crossed!

This morning I haven't felt amazing. I won't even begin to wonder why. Lol. So it did NOT help when the fire alarms start going off with recordings of "a fire has been located please exit the building." Had I known it was a recording, and not a false alarm it would've saved me 7 flights of stairs and a cold breakfast since we had literally JUST sat to eat. Thankfully when I told the woman at the front desk that it needed to be comped she took care of it no questions asked and brought skip an entirely new breakfast. I didn't want to waste food so I just ate my oatmeal as cereal with lots of milk. It was still awesome.

Our Uber driver rocked and showed us some cool places on the way to LAX and even let skip run into CVS. 

We checked in and since wheelchair assistance was over run we decided it would be better for me to try to walk it even though I was realllllllly not feeling it. This is my sanitary plane bag. Just thought I'd show my crazy. 

We finally got through still allowing us in the assistance line and it wasn't bad at all. So funny because Atlanta it feels like you walk for miles just to get to the train!! Haha. 

We ended up stopping for lunch and enjoyed a good filling meal before getting aboard. Surprisingly, a man who we have no clue who it was, paid for our meal. Such a nice gesture for us and a blessing for sure. Always thankful for those silent angels too.

We are now on our way home, we land in 26 minutes which is awesome because man do I need to pottay! Lol. Touchdown soon and I will post Tuesday's adventures part 1 and 2. Part 3 will have to be later. 

XO!

2 comments:

  1. So thankful for your amazing trip! Sounds like this doctor is THE ONE to make things happen! God is moving everywhere in your story, and you are encouraging so many.
    Love, love, love you my friend! ❤️💚💜❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nadine. Thank you and Skip for so much more than you will ever know. You, Skip and our girls have my heart. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete