Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WBRA done!

So I am done with radiation!!!!!!! I didn’t blog yesterday because it finally took a fatigue toll on me. I’d say it was the most tired I’ve ever been in my life, but that was actually coming home from the 24 Hours of Burn bike race, my first and only 5 person relay over 24 hours. I remember driving home and taking sips of burn and having the windows down to keep me awake! This was CLOSE! I think I laid in bed from 2:00 until dinner was brought (come back to that), we ate with my head barely able to hold itself up, took a bath and got in bed for movie night (come back to that too). Slept to 3ish and then my ears started up again and I slept off and on until it was time to get the kids up. I helped a little but Skip mostly got them off. I was too tired to stand! This is CRAZY. I was starting to wrack my brain of what I changed in my diet, etc. KNOWING good and well a long term side effect of WBRA is fatigue. Nadine cant play fatigue like this, super uncool. So I went and took another bath because everything was starting to bug and went back to bed. I took some high dose IBP and my ears chilled and everything pretty much went back to normal, other than the fatigue. It’s so pretty out too.

My other mom called me and said go sit in the back, enjoy the sun, grab your bible and rest. I was on the porch before we even got off the phone. I sat for a while until the neighbors fertilizing started and figured that would not be good for my system!

I prayed for a few dear friends today facing some wicked battles as well, and then dug in. Asked God to show me where I needed to look and ended up in the back of my bible. I heard rest but on my way to finding it, I also saw sickness. This is what I found first:

Delayed hope makes one sick at heart, but a fulfilled longing is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12. Obviously HOPE grabbed my attention, but “tree of life” had signicficance and actually helped me understand what God was trying to say. My Kristin sent me a pic last night of this wall she redid and asked me what was the first thing I thought of when I saw the tree? I was like, I don’t know… I gave her a few things, but now, I’m like TREE OF LIFE! Her hope in God is fulfilled, and on a new journey. So cool.

The next verse I come across on rest is “Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also REST secure, because you will not abandon me to the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay. You make known to me the PATH OF LIFE (no joke); you will FILL ME WITH JOY in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. Psalm 16:9-11

I don’t even need to explain it, but I DO need to go back to the dinner delivery. First, I didn’t look up to see who was coming because I was asleep. This sweet lady is at the door and brings in our meal. She was SO nice and I was SO out of it. She left me a card and headed out. “Let us Choose Joy and keep choosing it.” Yes. Joy. When I was diagnosed in 2013, my word was joy. I have no clue if she knew that, but joy I had found was a spiritual gift. It wasn’t something you could muster up on your own, it was 100% God. Being positive breeds it. I know that too. She explained her story through the card and having no connection other than signing up through a friends post, I was moved. It was the loveliest and perfectly planned meals with lots of veggies. But that is beside the point. Thank you, my unsigned friend. I didn’t look up your name because you didn’t sign the card. You blessed us so that night as we were all exhausted, my husband overwhelmed and kids just being kids. Sisters forever.

Now lets talk about Harry Potter. I ALWAYS said I would read the books and to this date, I’m not reading many more books. My eyes start blurring and it gives me a headache, so I agreed to the movies. We had a few gift cards left and got the set, so that’s our new family movie night go to for apparently a very long time. Because not only are the movies like 3 hours long, there are EIGHT of them!?? When did this happen! So we climbed into my bed and can I tell you the first 30 minutes was PURE excitement. “We went there!” “SO COOL!!! IT LOOKS THE SAME!” We all went on and on and wow, being in Harry Potter land so much recently, we were blown away! So for all you HP fans out there I now know why there are different color scarves, why Ollivanders always has a line and what Quitish is. Lol. We aren’t done with the movie, at the 2 hour mark I voted bed and we will finish tonight.

Other than the sleepiness, overwhelming amounts of work, the piling to-do list, we are awesome because the house is clean because of sweet michelle, and I honestly don’t care about to do lists anymore. Okay, that a lie. I love them, Wunderlist in particular, but feel less of a need to check them off. I now have a list called “walking out the door.” I know all of us know what it’s like to stop halfway up the stairs and go “what was I doing?” We have all been there. Now imagine it at least 10 times, probably 20 times a day. Thank you WBRA. I see your ugliness. So, when I think “I should grab the bla-bla-bla, I quickly add it to the phone and then when I actually walk out the door I check it all off! Brilliant, huh? Now you wanna do that?!!

Anwyay, I’m going to let my eyes rest. Sitting on my recliner thinking of what a perfect riding day it is. Boo. Maybe I’ll take a little walk. You know, sometimes, moving is EXACTLY what you need… Sometimes, it’s not. Let’s try it!

Have a happy Wednesday!!
Nadine

Chemo Monday 3/28 (little nervous)
Dr. Dunbar 3/29 (follow up)
Dr. Kesari 4/13 (insane excited)



3 comments:

  1. Love you sweetness! Give my son and grand babies hugs and kisses! See you Easter Sunday... Love ya'll to pieces! ENJOY the beautiful day to the best of God's love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. Praying for you to be at peace this week Rest and prepare your mind, body and soul for next week. So excited for April 13th. How amazing that's going to be. Hugs and kisses and have a blessed Esster with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all of your upcoming appointments

    ReplyDelete