Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Let's Meet Radiology!

Hi. Today has been another day! I started in MAD pain and ended up on a bike through the woods at Forsyth Park. It was beautiful. Makes me crazy because really I am normal. I'm a sick person who could easily race, dirt jump, whatever!! Anyway, today we rode and then we made our way to Radiation Oncology. They asked us a bunch of questions and we got by far THE cutest nurse I've ever met. She was awesome. I am definitely losing my mind already and when Dr Simon came in he started to explain everything...

1. Short term/ Long term whole brain side effects. If you think I'm goofy now, just ignore me it's likely getting worse. 

2. I am doing 15 radiation treatments Monday through Friday. Tomorrow should be at 11:30 and will last about 30-45 min. 

3. After that our hope is to get the 9:00 slot for every day. 

4. We made my new mask that will hold my head steady. That was easy and fun.
I even got a lollipop. The table she made warm, used some mega high pillows, and it's my new place to get radiation every day!

5. We are likely getting an MRI tomorrow of the spine because if he finds the cancer is also in the spinal chord everything is revisited. Pray it's clear. Please. 

6. Our plan is done and approved. TeamNadine has team Dunbar, May, and Simon. They are all talking together to the point that I cannot keep up. I just want the best. There's not much more to it. 

She said before leaving that it doesn't hurt and that it is mostly easy. The only freak out moment I had is when he said we are not supposed to mix intrathecal chemo and brain radiation. Um. I just had intrathecal 10 days ago! Once we passed that I asked with my little fingers up jingling at my face,"so what are the chances you can make this go away?" I think he had a sweet answer, he will do everything he can. Cool. Me too. 

Holding my breath still and look forward to tackling my kids in the grass. I miss them and I know now we ARE entering a new season. The cognitive side effects we must pray away. The memory loss let's pray away! The energy loss, pray it not be. The brain inflammation. No. Pray it's not gonna happen! This is a lot. I am scared. I am still the crazy me and still danced around the radiology unit like all should! It's a crappy diagnosis, cancer is mean, but you can't take my joy!


8 comments:

  1. Awesome. Hope is critical. They always tell you the worst things that can happen. I will never forget them telling me on day one to get my affairs in order. Focus a day at a time on the treatment and getting through it in the best shape possible and let them work their magic. Your attitude is incredible. You set a wonderful example. I look forward to riding with you after you and your amazing team kick all this cancer to the curb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob - your tenacious attitude towards kicking Cancers to the curb is inspiring and appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Praying for minimal side effects and for you to always continue to dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a walking miracle on October 2, 2010 when your Booty family met you for the first time...

    You've been a walking miracle every day since then.

    I have faith that you're going to be a walking and riding miracle from this point forward, too!

    We all love you, Nadine. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying with intensity for you through the radiation. Jackson really had no side effects, but I realize his was a targeted area.
    I love you and am here if you ever need me!
    God is awesome, and I really think you are too! I mean cmon, dancing in the radiation department?? ������
    You are a light to everyone you meet. So overwhelmingly honored to call you my friend. ❤️����

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all love you Nadine. You got this girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all love you Nadine. You got this girl!!

    ReplyDelete