Monday, March 7, 2016

3 Appointment Day

Today was a longggggg day. Skip and I didn't get home long ago and have been driving and at appointments since 9am! It probably wouldn't be so bad but radiation wipes me out. It's only like 5 minutes but I could sleep afterward for like 5 hours! Today was funny because skip dropped me off and parked and I was done within minutes of him walking in. So today, day four of fifteen whole brain radiations complete! 

We walked next door to meet up with my girl. Dr Kelly May my oncologist ran my tumor markers and we chatted about stuff! Vacation, life, whatever. We also planned my next PET scan and I asked if my tumor markers keep going up and we see cancer, what options are there? Apparently lots. Chemotherapy isn't highly ranked in my books at the moment so really just hope my tumor markers dropped and my PET is good!! We should find PET results 3/21.

Then we went to lunch and had calamari tacos at Verde. It was so nice out and I loved being with my sweetheart. He's amazing. He drove me all around and doesn't get sick of me. Even me and my marshmallow face!! Which when I walked into Dr May the FIRST thing she said was "oh! Your face is getting round!" I TOLD YOU!!!! I about screamed!! She told me it's expected and she had to deal with a few months of steroids which made her round too! So anyway, I wasn't crazy this weekend when I saw my round face in the mirror!

We finally ended up at Dr Erin Dunbar's place and she was beaming. She said she and the team of my favorites have a great text communication and they're all working to keep me alive and as best as I can be! That though whole brain radiation cannot be repeated I am able to do as much targeted radiation that may be needed! Cool. She kudosed Skip and his ability to do all he is doing. She was so happy that I wasn't having the bad headaches and that I'm tolerating the radiation and that everything seems to be working! And especially that Crazy Nadine has seemingly subsided. Hehe. I don't have an MRI of the brain for 4-6 weeks after the last dose which puts us around April 30th. 

Skip and I need to figure out what we want to do. Currently we all have tickets to an all-inclusive in Cozumel for spring break. Part of us thought we needed to cancel so we could get our "out west" trip on earlier, but this recent glimmer of hope helps us believe our summer road trip will happen!! I was told I could fly, just bring my meds and maybe expect a headache. We are getting our new tires for the Yukon and then we get our camper!!!!! I'm so excited, planned this for a year and we've all picked it out!! Hoping our summer trip can stay summer and that cancer in my body dies and continues to leave. Staying positive, eating super healthy starting today again, and ready for a miracle. 

We listened to NSC online on the way to radiation and hearing Mike talk about the 38year old (my age) and receiving his miracle was for me! I want to receive also!! I actually can't wait to read it to the girls tonight. It's so hopeful and can still happen today. It can!!! 

I think that is it for now. Thank you for all the notes, texts, food, juice, love, babysitting, whatever, it's all been amazing and we are so thankful. I'm pretty wiped by 3:00 and skip really needs to work, so meals are awesome. 

Oh. I didn't blog yesterday and I have to add one last thing. My neighbors and friends drew circles all the way from Harmony Lake Drive up passed my house. The Drew circles around our names, around hope verses, scripture, you name it and it was written. It was the most beautiful thing I've even seen. Some people we didn't even know had scripture on their drive ways that were some of my favorites and so encouraging. I know a lot of people are circling in prayer and I am as well. But to see that, to see our entire street circling our family and encouraging us with just simple chalk was unreal. "Holy spirit you are welcome here" remains in the front yard. Yes!! 

Anyway, it was so good and the beauty of this weekend, soaking in time in Ellijay was just what my soul needed. I slept amazing on the couch, I cuddled outside in the chair, I walked down the drive, around and up the hill to the pond. I rode the dune buggy with Skip giggling like crazy and even went on a short bike ride through the gravel roads around the bend. Ill do all I can until I can't and though I'm sore, tired and not always great, who cares!?? It's worth smiling and laughing and running around. 

Thank you for praying for us, take a minute to read this story... It's kinda me, and the answer is very much yes :)

"Jesus saw the man lying there and knew that he had been sick for a long time. So Jesus asked the man, “Would you like to get well?” The sick man answered Jesus, “Sir, I don’t have anyone to put me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I’m trying to get there, someone else steps into the pool ahead of me.” Jesus told the man, “Get up, pick up your cot, and walk.” The man immediately became well, picked up his cot, and walked. That happened on a day of worship." (John 5:6-9 GW)

3 comments:

  1. Love you my sweets.... xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about your day and i am constantly thinking about you and praying you feel good every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading about your day and i am constantly thinking about you and praying you feel good every day :)

    ReplyDelete