Saturday, March 12, 2016

Cloud Land

We did it! I slept like a baby our first night in the camper!! It was crazy scary for Skip to tow this giant mess in the dark never having done it before. I was SO impressed. I would've had us in a ditch or crushed by a semi at least 10 times. I woke up at 6:30 this morning to take the dog out. I was drawn to the west and walked into the woods. Daybreak had just happened and I found my way onto a trail, but off the trail. I ended up on a long flat Rock and was completely overwhelmed by the beauty of Gods majesty. Those were the first words to enter my mind. It was dead quiet except for the sound of water gushing below. I couldn't see it but the morning just had me in near tears. I could barely see around the other side of the canyon. It was unreal. Me and Jax sat a while, prayed, had some emotional time and headed back. 

By now Alana is wide awake and we began breakfast. Oh I did bring the Instapot (my new favorite kitchen gadget) and we made warm steel cut oats for breakfast! I've really worked hard on eating right the past two days and I worked extra hard on what food would come with us. Berries, honey, walnuts, my favorite bowl of warm cereal! 

The first person to show up was my mom! She made it in and would be staying day two with us! Our first guest!! The next people to show are Brad and Stef and dude we haven't seen them in forever and was unable to attend the wedding so we were both super excited. Plus they have a camper, so our camper neighbors were here! Finally a black minivan pulls up and now all the Miffits are here!! Another family we haven't seen in a good while! We eat lunch and we are off!

I'm not quite sure how to explain it but it was one of the best days ever. Go slow. I had to remind myself I needed to reserve energy for the way up so slow was my focus. And maybe taking a gazillion photos! We stopped everywhere. It was all sooooo pretty. It had been a super long time so I remembered nothing! The kids ran and were warned to stop over and over and climbed rocks and went into falls and just inspired me to go! At the third set of falls they were begging to go down. It was muddy and slick and straight down. No. No. And finally I was like I wanna go!! I was so glad I did! I made it all the way into this little cove with the water pouring down around me and I just giggled! It was surreal! We kept going to the fourth set and no one was there. First time! We hiked UP. I'm talking like Ellijay hiking. Free climbing and wow. We made it to the first pool and before I knew it Alana was soaking wet head to toe. You know what!? Great idea! So we went to the waterfall and got wet!! At least we would be cool to go back up. 

It was time, 600 stair steps back to the top. Ok. Just go! Every step is a cancer cell dying. And Alana goes don't you only have 124? Then you have a lot of extra killing! (She was thinking tumor marker but cute!)
Told her it was me visualizing and we laughed. We made record time, I flew up those stairs and felt unreal. How is it that I'm so sick, I have a grim prognosis yet I can climb in and out of a canyon and not have a single thing on my body hurt!? Sometimes that gets frustrating. I'm grateful really but seriously the first people I passed I was like DUDE I just passed you. That is not right!?? Laughing to myself. 

Last person I passed on the trail had an UP shirt and I almost let her go by and thought whatever, I'm asking this girl for a selfie! She obliged and it's one of my favorite moments of the day. I would've never asked a complete stranger for a selfie before cancer. I'm definitely a lot less caring of what people think about me these days which is really a good feeling. All she could say is no weird lady, but she didn't. She had the best smile and best shirt and I'm reminded today was an awesome UP day. Some days aren't and that's ok as a friend once said, but man, I live for up days. They are SO much better than down days.

I did a lot of praying and talking to God just randomly and it made me think of all the people on teamnadine who tell me how often they pray now and how praying for me has helped their prayer life. It's beautiful. I prayed for you all too today all over the canyon and a miracle!! Big love. 

We decided to pull all of our food together and had a beautiful dinner. There was more food than we could eat and we didn't plan in the miffitts!! It was so cool! I thought to myself loaves and fishes, God will expand our food and whoa, too Much! We played uno sat by the camp fire and the kids played more. So hard I thought how in the world are they still going!!? I waited and waited for pain or something and though I took my script IB either I stayed ahead of it or I was feeling good. I helped with dinner, got the girls to bed, hung out by the fire, showered and now I'm listening to the rain trickle on the roof. 

I want to say all is right with the world. It's not I know but it feels like it is. I'm sick but well and next week is back to the grind. I'm going to close my eyes. I put a ton of pictures on Facebook that I can't get a link to on my phone, and I hope you get a glimpse of how unreal today was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment