Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Radiation Number 1

I’ve been awake since 2:00 AM this morning. I know for certain my head has never hurt that bad in my life. I threw my water bottle and just started crying. Skip was mostly asleep, I'm not sure there was much he could do anymore. I could barely get to the bathroom and I could barely open my eyes big enough to see where I was going. It took about an hour just to feel like the edge was finally knocked off, but overall I felt so strange. I could barely keep my balance, I sat with the kids before school, but it feels like a dream and I really don't remember sitting with them. I cannot stop thinking that this is it. This is the steady, very fast incline the leptomeningeal experts discuss. I just cannot fathom or understand how sick I went from one day to another. It’s like living in a whole seperate world. To the point that last night I was dreaming and wondering if I was dead. They were nightmares really. I could hear everyone talking to each other and poof, that was it. No one needed me anymore. They were horrible and lasted all morning. The radiologist today told me we wait 24 hours and we hope and pray that this is not the end. That my abilities get better, I’m able to stand on my own, and who knows what else. It’s a sad place. My head still hurts on and off, radiation was actually quite simple. I hope and pray I start getting better. I’m patiently waiting for something I cannot explain.

10 comments:

  1. I am at a loss for words. I am among hundreds of supporters and we all want you to be well. I hope you can focus on all the positive aspects of your life and all the lives you have touched and changed forever. Find peace. Trust the medical team. Cancer treatment is ugly. We will all keep praying. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a really good idea to get rid of headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better and i will keep praying for you and hope this cancer will just leave your body and you will be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better and i will keep praying for you and hope this cancer will just leave your body and you will be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we will NEVER not need you. Praying for you my sister, I love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are loved and so many are praying for God to heal you from this horrible disease. I wear my pink bracelet every day and when I see it I pray. May His Peace comfort you and give you rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are loved and so many are praying for God to heal you from this horrible disease. I wear my pink bracelet every day and when I see it I pray. May His Peace comfort you and give you rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you all night. Please don't give up. You are strong. We love you so much. You're so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're in my prayers Nadine. You are so strong. Thank you for continuing to share your journey with us. You inspire me to be a better individual and to count each and every blessing. You make this world a beautiful place. We love you and we stand with you��

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are needed and loved more then you know. We want you pain free, cancer out of your body and peace for you. 💗

    ReplyDelete