Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Third of the Way Through RA

I needed to write tonight. Blog therapy! Whoop! Today was an interesting day. I woke up fine, but all of a sudden didn’t feel so hot. You know when you think, “hmmm, I might actually puke. I can avoid it!” Wrong. Thankfully, I didn’t eat and I felt amazingly better afterward. We went to radiation therapy number five and I expressed my concern of getting sick in the mask! It’s actually always been a concern but I breathe and pray. Today I prayed HARD. The entire time. The bleach smell takes my breath away and I was nervous already, but all went well. I can handle 5 minutes I think but a friend with a husband whose been there, had me a little concerned. I did heed her warning and took some puke bags home with me. Doc yesterday told me to not leave home without my medications, I know why now.

I went home completely zapped and slept most of the day away. I’m pretty sure when you nap all day you just become that much more tired so when 3:00 rolled around I decided to walk to the bus stop. It was nice to get the blood flowing and the days have been GORGEOUS. My mom was with us and hopped in the car. We picked up Madison and headed to her orthodontist appointment. Girl will be getting her phase two braces next week. She is SO unthrilled about the entire ordeal. I think the excitement of phase one was enough and she’s completely over it knowing what to expect. Me and Skip on the otherhand were like completely unthrilled about the tab. Dude, kids are expensive-mongo. Oh, and little Alana got a sneak peak and the doctors eyes were like WHOA. Yep, he wants to see us after her other two front teeth pop out. Good times and two kids in gear in a year.

Tonight a friend from high school and a mama who watched her child battle cancer, brought us a meal. I don’t know what it was but I could’ve talked to her forever. She made me laugh and sharing with her was good. She also brought the best eggplant parm and homemade chicken nuggets. So nice and my heart was really happy. I had more energy than I had had all day. Good prayers before they were on their way, and my heart is full. I honestly cannot wait to see them again.

Me and and Alana banana said our prayers while dad was out getting some things like glorious bath salt and we said our prayers. Tonight it was a whole bunch of miracle praying and we ended up on this roll where I honestly do not remember what we even prayed! Then she starts asking questions. First it was about my friends daughter. I’m always honest with the kids and I told her what I knew. She was definitely concerned but grateful for their miracle. She told me we were getting a miracle too. She had me show her in the medical book where all my cancer was. We went page by page, I explained where it was sprinkled in my brain and she was amazed. I think if she doesn’t end up a president she will surely be a doctor. I cannot remember why I started crying but I did. And this sweet little thing wraps were hands around my face and tells me it’ll be okay. Then she says, “lets talk about something else, because I don’t really want to cry right now.” We are staying positive and hopeful. She knows more than any eight year old whould know about cancer, she also says I can know of one who believes in a miracle. Her.

So all this was done during the 8:00 hour when teamnadine was praying for our miracle. Perfect timing as always! We are still awaiting the tumor marker which I obsessively checked me email for today and all I could pray was drop. Drop my tumor marker! God can do this. We need this and would love this! We want an all in all miracle where one of the worst kinds of cancer, one of the hardest cancer’s to beat, is defeated. We want it gone. Period.


Looking forward to getting better with my amazing family and team. Couldn’t do these days without you all. My family was loved on, my house was cleaned, we were driven where we needed to go, we were fed and prayed over. Just cannot ask for more amazing people. Thanks all who make every day brighter. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm there anytime you need me - I'm glad the beautiful weather, travels and people who made your day bright today gave you happiness. See you tomorow ❤️

    ReplyDelete