Monday, November 2, 2015

Urology Appointment

That was an interesting doctor’s appointment. We learned a few things about the kool-aid urine.

#1 That when you actually go to the doctor with bloody urine, it magically turns clear. Seriously. BUT however, apparently when I pee in a cup now the blood is actually little strings you can see.

#2. There is blood AND puss in my urine. Sending it out for another culture.

#3. Apparently, this would be more of a sign that the end of the stent is irritating the bladder. That after about 3 months stents need to be changed.

RRRRRk. (That’s my sound of screeching brakes) Say what?! Last doctor said we would just leave it in forever. This is new news.

She asked who my doctor was. Said she wasn’t sure why he would say that, but when I explained about my original situation at the ER, we agreed he most likely didn’t think I was going to make it 3 months.  That’s fascinating to me for some strange reason.

She told me she didn’t think it was the chemo at all and saw no reason for the bladder coating drug. I’m not really sure I agree with her, so thinking we are going to forget that part. I had a hard time reading her and it makes me untrusting.

She thinks we can wait until January to change out stents. She said often times you can tolerate it the first time with no issue and the next time you hate your doctor because it hurts so bad. Wow, that’s so encouraging! I can’t wait to have mine changed!!

So the plan is to see what the PET scan shows. I asked if it shrunk enough don’t we just take it out? But she’s never seen someone needing a stent, not need one anymore. She also said if I have any issues between now and then that she will have a doctor filling in for her. Oh, it just happens to be the one we are no longer seeing. She did however say that he is the absolute best and she would trust him over any other urologist she knows.


So, all that said, I will hope they can figure out the cause of this urinary madness, my body obviously isn’t in its finest shape to fight infection or bleeding, so we know a resolution to this matter needs to be quick approaching if it’s not the stent. If it is, I pray we can hold out as long as possible and I’d likely have “the best” do it again.

3 comments:

  1. Trust your instincts for sure xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust your instincts for sure xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could take all this away from you... Praying God gives you strength and guidance to make all the right choices/decisions. HE is the one in control... Trust, have faith... Can not give up on that mmiracle- We love you and need you..... xoxo

    ReplyDelete