Thursday, November 5, 2015

Long day of Double Chemo, DONE!

I would be technically done (could still be) with AC chemo. I just finished the fourth dose along with my 7th Intrathecal Dose! I have felt a lot stronger this week than I had in a while. Usually the days leading up to AC chemo are pretty good, there were some very normal ones in there for sure. I rode my bike and threw a little football at the Etowah River Park Tuesday, walked ALL of Target Wednesday with a precious friend and SHOPPED, folded laundry and even had a little energy to cook on all those days! Even went out to Pure last night with my bike family for THREE HOURS! Those are some big accomplishments for being told last week that I’d likely have to be carried in for my 4th round of AC! Instead I hiked up 4 flights of stairs. Yes, I did. You have to prove to yourself you are stronger than you think and with God, you have access to the greatest strength there is. Prayers are being answered daily and they’re allowing me to find a little normal, a little new normal, but good new normal.

As far as the kool-aid pee is concerned, there is a whole bunch of uncertainty about the status of the stent and if it is becoming infected. We are paying close attention but for now, no infection is coming back positive. If the new scans show nothing hindering the ureter I’m hoping to get that bad boy out.

Today was an incredibly long day. I think we were there from 9-4:30. Lots of prep, my port didn’t want to give blood again so we started off with an unhappy bang. Thankfully we got all settled in, blood work looked good and we were approved for take off. I’m not really sure where almost 6 hours goes, but it went. I did realize that today both of my ports were accessed at the same time. Kind of scary actually but it all went so well and smooth. Nothing I needed to worry about.

We made it home to another fabulous meal train dinner. Cannot thank the people enough who are going out of their way to bring us food. It’s a HUGE burden lifted and today was extra special, because I was starving and all four people were super satisfied! Meals seem so small, but on the receiving end, they are huge. Thank you.

Tonight we realized we had tickets to see Ben Folds. We saw him in Atlanta a year or so ago with the Symphony Orchestra and it was an amazing show. Likely one of my favorites of all time. So we decided after a LONG day of chemo I should probably NOT overdo it like I did at Taylor Swift and at the last minute a good friend said yes to go with skip. Actually, “would do anything for skip.” I did want to go, but it would take SO much effort and I just couldn’t see it tonight. Even though I still feel pretty good, you never know when that drop off is going to be. Plus, I would be starving already again and we would’ve had to leave!! lol!! Not sure what this is all about, but once I figure out what sounds good, I’m gonna chow down!

The outlook for the next 7 days is lots of sleep. Hoping there are little to no side effects and that we can get these scans done so we can do a little more celebrating. I know its not ALL gone, but it has shrunk significantly. I feel it. Praying about AC chemo #5 and #6. I have a bad feeling about #6, want to make sure we make all the right decisions.

Big love and good night! Thanks for coming along my journey... I hope to give you hope <3
"Our name means hope, never give up hope." - super nurse nadine



1 comment: