Monday, November 23, 2015

Getting sick on IT Day 12

It's one of those days you wake up and you know it's going to be one of those days you just need to turn over to God. 

The first Monday of thanksgiving break we always serve at the Roberts school sorting cans and making dinner bags for the people of Acworth. It's one of my favorite days and in my head I wanted to be there so badly but today is also day 12 and I've been really sick.

Today will mark the end of the first six weeks of intrathecal Topotecan. Wow. Praying today continues to go well and we are sending off again today for pathology. I really have no doubt that it's clear, but I am having a hard time turning over the unknown/what ifs to God. There are so many possible side effects that can occur at any time. It's scary but I also cannot live in fear. The next 6 weeks I get once a week. Praying that's enough to continue to bring me through symptom free. So far this is a miracle. I feel like when I hit the 14 week mark I'll be able to breath a little easier. It's my number. 

Breathing. Now that's another important word. I finally picked up big and littles coughs. Want to see a viral cough spread like wild fire? Give it to some one with dropping white blood cells. Holy smokes. My body was playing around with a fever last night and I can't seem to get this coughing under control. It'll be good to see the dr this morning though I have a funny feeling it's going to be a bit more involved than my other visits. 

I read an awesome article this morning about being in the valley. There was a part where she talks about the scripture where God pulls us out of the slimy pit. So have been there. I can picture myself on solid ground just outside the pit and the path there. Just a little scared to walk it. Be brave. Be brave I think. I know he will help me finish strong. 

“I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand” (Psalm 40:1-2).

1 comment:

  1. Praying my heart out for you. Love you so much. Concentrate on healing and doing everything possible to stay away from germs. We all understand how important that is. Get all the rest and spend all the time with your familys. And away from crowds. Eat well... God is with you.. Listen to your heart. Give your worries to God. My love always for Skip, You, Madison and Alana... Talk soon....

    ReplyDelete