Monday, November 30, 2015

Chemofree Christmas

So I have some pretty awesome news and a fun God story. This morning the nurse got us up and said we were going down in a few minutes for the ultrasound. We got ready and sat on the bed facing the door and she pops back in saying it was going to be a while longer. 

A few minutes later, expecting the ultrasound ride, Dr May pops in. She was cracking up saying she needed to take our picture. I was in shock but super excited!! We talked and cut up like we always do. She went of blood counts and then I had a chance. “What do you think about me not doing chemo #6.” And she said I was thinking that or a dose reduction but I'm not sure you even need it. Ahhhhhh I about jumped up and hugged her. I have been praying for confirmation and I was pretty sure this weekend nailed it for me, but that was just so cool. Not to mention the fact I wasn't even supposed to be in my room!

We chatted more as I begged to go home but she said we had too much to accomplish - she was trying to get urology to see me today to possibly remove the stent. Since the ultrasound I have no orders and I'm sitting here watching the clock tick by. So I made a few calls. One to my urologist to see when they could see me and get this thing out and second to Dr Mays office to get the pathology on the spinal fluid from last week. I know!! I forgot about it too!! 

I still have a super low fever of 99 but that's about it… I can do this from home!! Ahhhh. Please Lord let me go home. Please!!??

Anyway. Just saw charge nurse and explained how this was silly and wondered what we were supposed to be doing. 

I am supposed to get IT chemo today so have to figure out if that is still happening or not. Lots of up in the airs and that's all I have to write about right now. 

But the coolest thing… I'm DONE with AC chemo!!!! Ringing my imaginary bell! It's going to be a Chemofree Christmas!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Not needing chemo sounds like great news to me!!! Hope they figure out what is up with the fever so you can go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome update! I loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAYING still! YES! Chemo free Christmas! God is amazing! Maybe, just maybe they will let you go home tonight! Still want to know about the infection and where it came/is coming from!!! LOVE you guys SOOOOO much!!!!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO ON THE CHEMO FREE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO happy! I'll pray for you again in Adoration tonight sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comment removed because it was a duplicate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comment removed because it was a duplicate.

    ReplyDelete