Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thanksgiving Service at NorthStar

It's a good thing Madison had a friend spend the night because I'm not sure Skip would've been able to hold me back from attending church this morning. 

We turned on the 10:20 service online and lay on the couch. I still have no energy but I am very thankful I can still watch church from home. Every song this morning touched my heart and I wanted to be there to stand and worship so badly. 

Then I realized today was the day Mike doesn't preach but instead people go up and tell what they are thankful for. People pour out their hearts in thanks to God for so many things. I so badly wanted Skip and I to stand alongside them. We have so much to be thankful for. 

I would say,”my name is Nadine and this is my husband skip. A little less than three months ago I was diagnosed with advanced stage 4 breast cancer. 40% of my liver was covered in lesions, I had masses in my abdomen, bones, spine and brain. In a little over 6 weeks ago they told me it was in my spinal fluid giving me roughly 4 months to live. Today I stand here with 5 chemo treatments complete and 11 spinal fluid treatments in. My tumor markers have dropped almost 90%, my liver scan showing no lesions and my first cytology on the spinal fluid showed no cancer cells. If you don't believe in miracles jump aboard our journey, it's been an unbelievable ride. God is still very much in charge and listening. Glory, honor and praise to God for allowing us to be a part of this miracle and for the healing we do believe is happening. I want to thank my husband who hasn't left my side, who has been my very best friend through every moment. I've never felt closer to him than I do now. For my children and their amazing prayers, their hope, faith and positivity. They make me stronger. For my family who drops everything to be there for us at a moments notice. For my family and friends who have worked so hard to help us in every way. From prayers to raising money to babysitting to helping with school projects. From groceries and meals to cleaning our house or just stopping by to say hello. For the schools my children are in and the teachers and staff who have loved so hard on my babies and prayed for us continually. For NorthStar church that when I had to make my last day on staff a reality, that they truly never stopped loving me. The people and prayers of this church have been amazing and we are so thankful we made it home over 12 years ago. For all of those on #teamnadine so confident that we will be the 1%. We are so very thankful for the many many blessings we've received from so many over the last months and just thank God for showing us what really matters. Thankful that our new normal is slower and more precious, that we see every day as a gift instead of just another day. Loving, holding and praying more than ever. God is good and we are thankful for another day. I thank God for using our story to encourage and inspire others, but mostly for those who now want to journey with you as well and for those of us who have deepened our relationships with you. Thank you.”

I probably would've had to have it written down otherwise I would've been a basket case. So really, this was just better all around and I don't get the germ exposure. 

I am thankful for so much more... That's all I could've said in two minutes. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. May it be beautifully blessed. 

4 comments:

  1. I am Thankful I was able to read this (thru tears, of course). Your story is beautiful. It has deepened my faith, it has made me realize that praying every day is important. It has helped me to "not sweat the small stuff" and to hug my son everyday, more than I used to. Every day is a gift and you never know when it will be your last. Prayers for your continued success on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh- we love you all so much. And miracles are healing you as I write this! Many for you and others that need to read your story of inspiration, faith and all the ups and downs you have been going through. God is good. We are thankful for you all! You're my family/ our family and God truly blessed me with Skip, you, Madison and Alana forever. Always in my heart and prayers from the day Skip was concieved when his life began. He met you and ya'll gave me awesome grand babies. THANKFUL for everyone and everything. See you soon. Love you all. Tears as I read this and all the other posts you share. Happiness and sadness. Every day is a gift. God bless you always.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always you know how to make me cry. You are a miracle in the works. God is wrapping his arms around you and loving you his child. So miracle are happening and you are going to beat this. I love more and I'm patient more and you have brought me to God in a special way. Remember to "Just Keep Swimming " love you and your family to pieces.

    ReplyDelete