Saturday, November 14, 2015

Peanut is 8

My little peanut turned 8! I am happy to say I was strong enough to plan a little party and make it through! The theatre was not crowded, I lysoled my seat, and there was no issue in me bringing in our personal snack bags. Movie was cute and heard lots of giggling. 

It's crazy to think that had we opted to not do intrathecal chemo, that I likely would not have made it to her birthday. Instead we just finished number 9 and have lots of confidence that it is working. I'm still asymptomatic, which is such a gift but we need not get complacent. We need to pray like we did on day one. We aren't out of the woods yet, maybe not ever. 

My blood work went crazy and decided to basically stop making white blood cells. Our main defense against infection. I'm not allowed to be around groups of people. If it drops another .2 ul my body may not be able to fight off its own bacteria. So we are trying the dreaded Nutrogen shot with bone pain and flu like symptoms. It works to put bone marrow into overdrive to create more WBCs. Been very blessed to have avoided the side effects thus far. Was able to get through a party! It's crazy. 

I think Monday is going to be a very revealing day. Tumor marker should be back, I have an echocardiogram to ensure my heart can handle two more rounds of AC chemo, and an abdominal ultrasound to compare to the one I had the day I was diagnosed. Lots of eagerness to know what is going on. 

I'm still concerned with stent-bladder-pelvic issues. I feel like no one really knows and they're all just waiting around to see what happens next. It would be awesome if we could wait for chemo to be over and then have surgery just not sure my body is capable of waiting that long. 

I forgot, another bit of good news is that we also only have one more week of two IT treatments! Number 12 falls on the week of thanksgiving and then we go weekly after that for 6 weeks!! Turkey week should also be an off chemo week! It'll be unreal to do this once!! Not sure I can even imagine!!

Ok. My body is begging for a nap. To all those who helped make Alana's birthday special, thank you. She had an amazing time and loves her gifts. She is in happy playland already!!

Planning to make it to the cabin tomorrow to chill out and get some fresh air and water! I am not sure how long it's been since we were up there but I'm guessing the grass is overgrown, the cob webs are everywhere and who knows what else we find!! But I'm eager to get there. It's one of the most peaceful places on earth.

Maybe, we can leave now. Hmmm. ;)

Off I go. Thanks for everything. 
XO 

1 comment:

  1. So happ you made it to the cabin and got to enjoy family time..... We love you so much! Sending so many prayers- I hope when others pray they are not getting busy signals cause I am keeping Him very busy with all my prayers!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete