Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Spinal Tap Details

I think I went unconscious because I may not have ever slept that good. My body is catching up and I'm so glad! Virtually pain free for a week now!

Woke up to my babies (morning selfie with Alana below - I stole this idea from my brother - but we do one every school day) and sent them off to school. On our way to Northside!!

An hour and a half of quiet, scripture reading, quotes people sent, music that filled the soul. Whatever. God gave us a serene skyscape this morning with one of the prettiest pinks, purples, blues, everything really, I had seen! Guess grandpa is around. :)

We got to Northside with rockstar parking and finally got all hooked up. We prayed and played some music. Fight Song, Overcomer and Stronger. Three crazy songs that just go along with our journey! Time to go!

We went back and then the spaz me popped out. I don't get crazy I get talkative. Like 1000 words a minute kind of talkative. Laughing, making no sense, I promise, it's uncontrollable. And then, they made skip leave!!

Oh I'll have to lay on my stomach. Hm. My liver is a football this should feel awful... But it didn't!! I was actually comfortable. Back massage please! Oh wait, spinal tap. 

She went to numb it first, warned me of the lidocaine shot and pop. That's the gross feeling. Gag. Ok. She was in and numbing. And no sting. YES!!!

I asked for a mini break, and then gag. Needle in now. Trying not to puke. Breathe. She wants me to talk to her to tell stories. All I can muster is,"how does psalm 23 start? I can't remember!" And she starts it. So I pick up and say it. And the. Again. Finding some peace but all my scriptures have disappeared out of my head. I can think with that nasty needle in my back!!!!

Then,1-2-3, needle out. Gag. Done. You did it. 
Well. I guess it wasn't too bad. No pain, no nonsense. Great tech. Trying to compare it to something else I've had but it was just different. 

Now I lay on my back for 24 hours to avoid spine headache. I'm on my couch with jax in my lap, my little ponies on TV for Alana, and Madison is making egg salad sandwiches for us. Life is good and we know without a doubt we will hear good news. "No cancer cells in the CSF." They cannot be there, won't be there, and will never be there. 

Can't wait for chemo tomorrow! These tumors are on mega shrink mode. :)

Thank you big for the prayers and support. I see team Nadine bracelets everywhere! Thanks for being on our team!! We are going to keep #findinghope together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment