Friday, October 16, 2015

Tired After Brain Surgery & IT Chemo

Ew, frankenhead is all I can think about! And that awful grandpa haircut!! I'm not sure how the kids didn't freak, but both of them were like, huh, thats cool, moving along to MY day now... Seriously, it was as simple as that. I'm all suffering through wearing a headband so it was an easier transition and their like, yep. Just another day in the Wall house I guess!! 

On a feeling note, I have literally slept the last 24 hours away. I have zero energy. Zapped. Weak. Blagh. We got home and I haven't been in much pain, really none, except for a new hip pain that I've been given. Oh, and unless Skip makes me laugh. Then it feels TERRIBLE like my skin is being stretch over my scalp!! (That was for you Skip, see what happens?!) The girls and everyone kept the house super quiet (plus I wore ear plugs) and I slept pretty much through the afternoon, evening, and then like 8:30 to 6:30am. I took some melatonin before actual bed and I still haven't woken up.

Otherwise, nothing to crazy going on here. It's my birthday weekend and the struggle on what I want to do, with whom, when and where begins. Alana asked for a SUPER big party, but didn't think I'd be up for that. But then in the back of my head, I wonder if that'll be my last birthday, and then we didn't do anything cool for it. I try not to think those thoughts too much. They're super negative, but just trying to be real here. It's hard to not see them cross your mind, just learning to do just that, and learn how to let them not take settlement.

We have lots of people asking to visit, hang out, whatever and we've had to say no. We don't want to say no, and hope you all understand, it's just been a bit harder than we expected and visiting is just to overwhelming. Know we love you all and I'll text/message with you all day long as I don't fall asleep. Just know we love our special team. Thank you for the support you continue to show to our family. It's beyond anything I've ever seen or witnessed and gives me great hope. Fighting for all of us,

Nadine

My next appointment is Tuesday at 12:30 PM when I get my 2/12 IT chemo, then Friday at 8:30 AM for 3/12. Next AC Chemo is on the 22nd.



1 comment:

  1. It is your day and we all want you to do what ever you are up too. The gifts can wait. The time spent healing, resting, praying and being with those closest to you are the most important. Skip, Madison and Alana need you so very much to spend that one on one time with them. These are the times you need to be closest. We love you and know oyu need this time together with no interuptions. PEACE be with you all. It is ok.. It is your day. We love you bunches. Keep up what posts you can, give us all the pictures you can of what you are up to and keep the blogs coming as often as you can. We are here for you.. In our hearts and prayers and in every second of every day. God Bless You! God give you strength and peace and no pain.. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete