Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Foo Fighters Concert

We had a great weekend. 

We watched two movies together and did a lot of chilling. I got to help Madison get ready for homecoming. It was so much fun and she looked so grown up. I had a blast taking photos of her and her friends. It was a great time and so thankful to have been home. 

Sunday night was finally Foo Fighters! I got skip tickets for Christmas last year. We've been looking forward to it! It was kind of a blow to know I couldn't dance, jump, mosh pit (just kidding), but you know what I mean, right? 

We took the wheel chair because you never know and I started out the car ride down feeling really off. Tired and funny, so I just rested. 

Skip parked, rolled me in and we found the ADA platform. An amazing friend looked up all the details for us: where to park, how to roll, where to sit. A much bigger gift than he realizes. 

We made it over and the platform was nice and had its own bathrooms but I wasn't feeling it. We left the wheel chair there and walked over to the concession. Along the way there is this guy and girl talking obviously loud enough for others to hear at their disgust about how people would lie about needing wheelchair assistance. Yes, my brain is turning like a pot and my ears are turning hot and bam I about smack into someone. "Nadine?!!" Suzy Kelly?? I used to play Barbies with her and remembered her always being very nice. This was crazy!! Anyway, we stopped and chatted for a while. Not sure how she recognized me as we weren't FB friends but that always baffles me. We went on our way. Skip got us some drinks and I was plotting how I would stop on the way back and share about my feelings about the girl in the blue shirt passing judgement when she has NO idea what someone might be going through. I may be able to walk to a concession stand but there is no way I could stand an entire concert much less MAKE it walking to a concert. Why am I even explaining this? You all get it!! 

So, we walk up and my plan comes to a screeching halt. We sat back behind those two people except now there are four, and one of them is my friend from 25 years ago. Hm. Okay God. Guess you had me at "Nadine" because me getting fired up probably wouldn't have ended well. Hehe. 

Anyway, not sure if you read this Suzie, but if you did I can laugh now. Thanks for stepping in and saving that girls life. ;) kidding of course...

Okay, so on to better things. We rolled down the hill and took this pause, well, behind a security guard. And he didn't move us. And there was no one around us, all in front of us. So we were in a crowd but not? He was pushing people out right and left but was being super cool to skip. So we stayed. And through the night that was our spot. It was awesome!!!!! Foo was awesome!!! I would stand for a bit and sit for a bit. Hang on skip or he would hold me. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I really like Foo. But my husband loves Foo. You should see his playlist! So to see him smiling and dancing with his cute self and just loving every precious second was the best gift EVER. For whatever reason I've heard some of those songs a thousand times but this night they were different and pieces of pure awesomeness came out and pierced my heart with so much love and gratitude that I couldn't help but cry. 

"There goes my hero, he's ordinary!" No. He's not. He's next to me and anything but. 

"It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's times like these you learn to love again
It's times like these time and time again." No doubt. I could just listen to that over and over. 

"I'm lost, deliver me,
I crossed the river finally.
God as my witness,
yeah it's gonna heal my soul tonight.
God as my witness,
yeah it's gonna heal my soul tonight.
God as my witness,
yeah it's gonna heal my soul tonight.
God as my witness,
yeah you gonna heal my soul tonight.
God as my witness,
yeah you gonna heal my soul tonight."
Heal my soul. Heal my everything!!!

There it was over and over. Just awesome song lyrics I've sung a hundred times and never really listened. It's the beauty of music. 

The night was over and we were about to leave and this lady makes her way over to us. I'm not sure exactly what she said but along these lines,"I just wanted to say you have blessed me so much tonight. I couldn't keep my eyes off you. Look I have a picture." I'm already bawling but I glance and my stomach turns. If I had seen that, I would've cried. It was sad and beautiful all in one. She says,"I hope it's okay if I share this on Facebook tomorrow. Thank you again. You've shown me there is still love." Or something along those lines. I never said one word. I couldn't. I mean could NOT speak. I couldn't even give her my name. So she went on. 

Later in the car we are talking and skip asked how I knew her. Um. I don't. Or I don't think I do! We kind of laughed and thought maybe she was a reporter or something. Anyway, if nothing else it was good to know that even at a Foo Fighters concert God was present and showed me again if he has shown me a thousand times, be careful how you act, what you say and what you do. Everyone is watching. Whether you want to believe it or not, they are. Whether it's wanting to give someone a piece of our mind or whether it's being caught up in your husbands arms, people are watching and we have a choice. We can show people love or we can destroy any one believing there is love. It's ours to make every day. Choose love. 

2 comments:

  1. Argh...people just don't know. I remember at Disneyland, we didn't know you has to sign into be disabled and we were in line. Dave even showed his leg to the man and he said "Yea...that looks like it hurts" Luckily, someone in line told us of the procedure.

    I wrote down the man's name and I was upset..."How could you be so hateful and callous?"

    It was a long way back to get the document and I reported him. He made my ex-husband and son sad...and I could not take that pain away.

    I am so glad you got to have some fun with husband and foo. Love you.

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a story that might crack you up since it seems people are oblivious to people in wheelchairs.

    It is when I broke my ankle in 5 places and I was at the Fox seeing "Mama Mia" with my sister and it was icy. It was really hard for her and new

    However, after the great show it was a mobfest and my sister kept whacking me into people. All I know is that we had to get across the street to the hotel. So, I met this amazing homeless man and asked for help to get across the street, he was a great driver and navigator.

    When we almost got clipped by a SUV lady talking on the phone...I said some choice words.

    He said "Um, are you from New York?" which made me laugh.

    We are on the way to the hotel, and my fabulous boa got wrapped in the wheels..and was choking me...I was puffing help! My hands and they stopped my sister was beside herself and the homeless man was trying to unwrap the boa. it didn't work

    I said "Cut the boa" while trying to yell it out. (mind you people were just walking by)

    He did....and whew normal breathing. I just couldn't help it...I was in hysterics!

    The homeless gent my sister and I were beside ourselves...we all stopped and I had tears in my eyes....who does this happen too

    Finally someone did notice and said "I will have what they are drinking" which just made me laugh more seriously my stomach and face hurt"

    I thought I would share and tell you...it really does take a good wheelchair driver and you have one!

    Don't wear a boa though ever...I learned!!!!

    ReplyDelete