Thursday, October 1, 2015

9/30 is now Wall Holiday and National Skip School Day and Love on your Family

Oh yesterday was just glorious. I had so much energy for only sleeping 5 hours and waking up at three am but we started the last day of the hardest month of our lives with a new national holiday called "Wall Holiday." I've had my kids PROMISE for as long as they live, that they and their kids and their kids kids must observe this! 9/30 is an official skip school day and family love day!! So how did we celebrate?

1. I see Madisons bathroom light go on. I walk in and say, "would you like to skip school and go back to bed." I got a mmmm, a grin, light out and a stumble and crash back into bed. So first things first, sleep in!

2. Family breakfast. Because I felt so awesome I made eggs, grits, and bagels from my bar stool, and then, we all ate together!! So number two, family breakfast. 

3. Something fun, well, we got one of the best gifts ever in the mail the night before, The Goonies. So number three, movie snuggles!

4. Mommy is starting to crash, it's noon, but wait, we have a hair dying family party to do. Highlights for the girls, tail dip for Jax, and we left skip out, this time. He kind of needed to work. So foils in, wash it out and OH much pinker than I expected but oh well!! Who cares!! I don't anymore! My girls want pink hair, you can most absolutely for sure have pink hair! Number four, pink hair.

5. Nap. Only, I couldn't sleep. So scratch number five. 

Okay, well the rest of the day was a fast blur which is a huge reason why I wanted  my babies home all day. 

First one of the most amazing things happened. I got a text from Alana's principal who was working with some other amazing friends and teachers at Indian knoll to pray us on our way. I am not even kidding! These amazing teachers and staff came together to send us off with hugs, love and prayers. I know it was crazy for them, they had a hundred things they were working on and doing, but still took time to love on us for a minute. If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times we have the most amazing schools in our backyard. Blessed beyond belief. Oh, and then the first grade team signed up to bring dinner! It was awesome and Alana's Bruster ice cream cake request made us all smile and it was super yummy. (I think she just can't get enough ice cream now that she can have milk!)

We got more visits and send off hugs from super friends and then my amazing parents ate with us, we all sat outside and never once felt rushed. Had a great evening with them and they'll never know how appreciated they are. To not for the first time ever, have a detailed written off plan with daily to dos and whatever OCD nonsense I had to do to prepare to leave, I didn't have to. I just trusted they'd work it all out. Good feeling... I hadn't even packed for myself, that is true peace, and had like half an hour left! Haha!! 

We finally got it all done, lots of hugs, no tears, and a big kitchen circle prayer! We waved from the car and blew lots of kisses!! Our journey to MDA was beginning and the Wall Holiday was coming to a close... Off to the airport we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment