Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Friday, I've been home 2 Weeks!

The birds have left the nest! No drains. I can't explain the feeling but its funny. I find myself checking that they're not being pulled, going to the bathroom just got easier, and my first shower drain less was glorious! No drains had hurt but the last drain I felt go through my entire back. I think it was near a few nerves and must've been the weird feeling I'd get every so often in my back. They are still unhappy with the fluid build up so I'm now double wrapped. The pain on the left side is still intense and I endured it until 7. Then I couldn't rip it off fast enough. It is working though because I can see my underarms which were so swollen two days ago that I couldn't tell the difference between a fold and incision! So gross... Try shaving that too. Ain't happenin!

Today was also fantastic as my friend Star not only took me to the doctor but also took me to the grocery store!! It was awesome. I've been wanting to go so badly:) weird. I know. Thankfully not too many stared at my need to constantly put pressure on my pain spot (aka side boob). I don't always think about it anymore as I pretty much have my hand in my shirt non-stop. My neighbor borrowed milk today and we busted out laughing as I didn't even notice... Sad.

Oooh! Today we hired a maid. I'm kinda excited. We've never had anyone clean our house until our neighbors bought us the housecleaning certificate. It was incredible to come home to a perfect house, but as the weeks have come and gone, there are just some things skip doesn't need to add to his plate. So we found this sweet young girl and she is going to be here every other week starting Monday! What a treat!

I'm still obsessed with turmeric, maitke mushrooms, organic vegetables, sugar free findings and their relationship to cancer. Books and websites are confirming my need to change how we eat here. Especially since it could potentially save my life and preventing anyone else in my family from getting cancer. I'm going to end up being that weird vegetarian lady and probably drive my husband nuts, but I think in the end, if there's a warm meal on the table, he won't care too much. My first attempt to the change is I ordered turmeric supplements, I've ordered a weekly organic veggie and fruit basket that is delivered in my neighborhood, and all the meat I bought today was organic. I'm kind of excited.  Most people that know me know I love food.  I means it's actually a problem... This is going to be hard but I'm convinced it has to be done.

So sleepy! Until tomorrow....

(Skip just had a bug in his shorts. Funniest thing ever)

No comments:

Post a Comment