Friday, June 14, 2013

Two days post op and I'm feeling great!

So far so good. Drains are flowing and today has been a sleepy yet restless day. IV out thankfully and now I'm waiting for dinner, meds and a ride home! Skip is putting a removable shower head and  bench in the shower as that proved to be so helpful. I'm already weaning off pain meds as I just went 7 hours! Yikes! I'm hurting now but thats better than every hour yesterday. We've had the nicest nurses, such a gift. Especially the food service girl. She looks like one of my bffs from ny who passed away. She brings me extra special treats and is just wonderful. Feeling so loved by so many. Just brings me such joy... Just got up all by myself and walked around my suite today too! I can't believe it really. Praying for quick healing and no infections! Have to sanitize things daily and anyone sick or who has been sick cant visit or make food. It makes sense to me as I know a few women who've endured that additional battle. Three more days until we get pathology reports! It's going by quick and I'm not too nervous. Guess I'm prepared either way but obviously hope we can skip that step;) surgery again in three months and then they are going to do everything possible to get me on the road bike for booty. She said I may only get one lap, but she would make it happen. Think I've recruited my favorite nurse to ride with us too! Rita's a gem. Maggie is my fearless nurse. Sandra was my wise loving nurse. Sara was my smiling tech. Sharon was my overnight blessing nurse. All of them really... Just precious. Well I guess I've rambled enough. Maybe I can catch one more nap before 7.

Consider it pure joy when you face troubles of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith produces perserverance. James 1:2-3

Joy doesn't come from having your circumstances in order or under control; it comes from what's in your heart. -Joyce Meyer (June 13 Daily Reading)

No comments:

Post a Comment