Friday, June 21, 2013

Update before the weekend

We are daily thankful for the unbelievable outpouring of love. God has shown up in ways I never even imagined. People we don't even know are taking care of us and doing everything possible to keep some sort of normalcy through all of this. I know it's God, because God is love. It's a beautiful thing and my heart is overjoyed and happy; thankful tears cover my face often. I don't know how to ever thank so many people, they've blessed our family so...

Today is one week and two days from surgery and feeling a tiny bit of normal return. Today I opened a pill bottle AND the microwave! Lol. It sounds so funny, but I've been trying for days to open that silly little bottle. It's crazy all the muscles you use for the smallest things. I also sat on the back patio and watched skip cut the bushes, watched the kids play in the pool, and did lots of arts and crafts with the girls.  I even got up and back in bed by myself!

Yesterday we made a last minute trip to the doctor as I was just draining too much. Thankfully it was an easy fix and they just added a stitch. They also decided to remove all the tagiderm which gave me a new sense of freedom! Having my skin back was nice, and a little weird. There's a lot of swelling still but that should all go down in weeks to come. I cannot believe that this is only the first step - definitely not what I originally pictured, but so grateful for my doctors because its great. I go back Tuesday at noon for another check up and expect to get the other two drains out. Until then, it's stay mobile, rest often, keep reaching, and no lifting.


No comments:

Post a Comment