Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kinda Gross Day

Last night was Skips first night free from duties. Vicki sat with me and helped me get ready for bed. I was pretty wiped out from the long day. I ate all my meals downstairs, ventured outside and to the doctor, got two drains out, watched a movie on the couch and slept in my bed last night. The only complication is that one drain scar is constantly seeping and soaked through the tagiderm and lots of gauze. Skip fixed me up and changed my bandages this morning to try to keep them dry. We go back Friday to get everything else removed as I'm still covered in tagiderm. They said it will feel relly good to get it all off - I can't wait. I had a serious bout of tummy trouble this morning which has pretty much put me out of commission. It was worse than childbirth to the point I started to think I'd have to call 911. Of course it had to happen when I had our babysitter stay with me but she was a champ. Her mom warned me to eat lots of papaya... Whew, she didn't really go into detail of what would happen if I didn't and now I'm fearful of anything ever passing through my system again. Ever. I'm off to nap now. Between not being able to sit at this point and shot nerves from Dr Skips drain changing I'm ready to start today over... :) maybe when I wake up it'll be all better...

1 comment:

  1. Let me know the next time Skip needs a night off :) I'm happy to had with you, friend :) Lets sit outside tomorrow and enjoy the sunshine while the kids play! :)

    ReplyDelete