Sunday, June 16, 2013

Total Content

It's Sunday! Happy Father's Day! It's been 4 days since I checked into Northside. I'm in a little more pain this morning but worth it. I slept really really good for the first time and missed a dose of meds. So we are going to see if we can cut back a smidge. I don't love being on all this stuff. Even aftern12 hours my eyes are real groggy and I could probably go back to sleep.

Skip has been amazing. He's there every second. Helping, pushing, lifting, serving, distributing, dealing (lol, my drugs), and most of all loving me. I guess acts of service is my love language so if he knows it or not, it's got me full! Haha! He's done so good with drains too. Its kind of a game - like a horse race. Good old number two seems to overproduce, and we laugh as we call them by name.

He made me laugh about so hard yesterday it hurt. All I remember was that we were looking at the new ladies and they're much huger than I ever expected. They're wide! Boxy like she said, and hard. I thought waiting for the nipples would be weird, but its not. They actually look amazing for just having surgery. There is this clear plastic dressings they form to your incisions to keep them clean and dry so you see everything. There are two circles where they went in from the aeroela, and one 4 inch or so where the lump, two under my arm, two 6-8 inch incisions on the back where the muscle was removed. That's probably the most painful area, but better than I expected.

It's such a wild experience. I'm so thankful for where we've been and feel God sitting right here always. I feel like I'm being babysat by lots of angels. The joy I feel daily is from none other than God. It's similar to that "peace that transcends all understanding" but joy. It's contentment. I read another day of Joyce Meyers devotional and today I noticed something. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" is one of the most tresasured scriptures, but I've somehow missed the text that proceeds it...

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13 NIV)"

"The apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:11-13 that he had learned how to be content and satisfied to the point where he was not disturbed by whatever state he was in. In other words, he never allowed himself to get upset with where he was at the moment, he was always looking forward to where he could be. That means you, like Paul, need to find a balance between contentment and ambition. Here's the key: Learn to enjoy where you are on the way to where you're going."

It was just an awesome word. I'm feeling like a nap all of a sudden... Bye bye



1 comment: