Thursday, August 4, 2016

First week of school

What a week! I’m sitting here in a beautiful, not busy infusion center, getting my bone meds that will be feasting on my bone cancer for another 4 weeks. We are at the Johns Creek location and I’m in love. Wish my doctor would come up here!! Next week is coo coo Clifton, but I feel blessed to be at Emory all together.

I’ve had a pretty good week, the vertigo has eased a little and isn’t as often, and I got a weeks worth of exercise! I rode in the hills of Harmony about 3.5 miles, walked the hills of Harmony another 1.5 or so, and then rode at Etowah Greenway for about 7! I’m actually kind of sore in a good way, finally!

I was also able to make a grocery list, shop with Skip Sunday, fix our breakfast, lunches and dinners every day! We are on a healthy diet mindset with school starting back and my feeling better. I love to cook, so it has truly been fun and I’ve enjoyed these days.

I do miss my kiddos all day, but the school schedule has made a difference and we get time with the girls separately every day. I even took Alana to see the Life of a Pet while Madison had her first cheer practice. The girls seem better together not that they are apart for most of the day. Dinner’s are without argument and everyone has lots to talk about. We needed this!

So overall, amazing week. Skip is doing a 50 mile ride in Ellijay Saturday where we will hopefully go cheer him on! I’m hoping to see more water in the pond since it has rained all week, fingers crossed!

Okay, got my blood work back, looks good, so off I go!
“Fighting cancer with hope” was on the Can Care ladies nametag. Thought that was unique and true our mission.

Hope. Unbelievable. Cured. Miracle. We can win!



No comments:

Post a Comment