Wednesday, August 10, 2016

First Big Infusion at Emory Tomorrow!

Okay folks. BIG day tomorrow! I'll be at Emory with my mama from 9:15 to possibly after rush hour. For some reason they have a 6 hour infusion scheduled!! Whaaa? I'm hoping that's just scheduling in "running behind time" but I noticed an additional drug on the chart we have not discussed and won't do. Plus, I have a CSF draw. I am not a huge fan of new people touching my Ommaya but gotta do this!! The lady who called to confirm was so super nice and was saying how her department does nothing else but access ommaya and spinal taps. So I felt better. A little. 

Lots of ridiculous vertigo still going on, but I made it through a wobbly 2 mile walk last night and a 4 mile ride today which thankfully I'm not affected when on the bike:) maybe I should hit the trails and try to shake back whatever is loose up there!

Everyone has adjusted nicely to school and we are thankful for all of their amazing teachers. Madison started cheer and Alana will kick off volleyball season here soon too! I think. I'm a little leary of having something 4 days a week.

Well off I go! Thank you for the continued prayers. I can't believe it every day I wake up again how unbelievably miraculous it is that I have come this far. Cool thing is, we've done it together! #teamnadine




5 comments:

  1. Cool thing is...you are absolutely amazing!!! Good vibes, prayer and Love to you & your outstanding Ommaya!!!Love you, girl!♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool thing is...you are absolutely amazing!!! Good vibes, prayer and Love to you & your outstanding Ommaya!!!Love you, girl!♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. They may just want to keep you for observation for a bit after the infusion.
    I had lots of spinal taps and bone marrow biopsies done there, all very professional, even the spinal tap done by a med student, her first one ever! It was funny, the doctor talked her through the whole thing step by step, took forever but I didn't feel a thing.
    They always gave me more than one thing when doing chemo, many of them were to counteract some effects of the chemo.
    Hope it goes well, I know it will. Kick it to the curb!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So honored to have you as my daughter-in-law! Sending hugs and kisses and more prayers than EVER- for you and Skip (my baby) and our girls!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying it goes well tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete