Saturday, August 3, 2013

First 48 Hours

Well, I forgot to post this, so here were my thoughts from the first day... "Today is the big day! The chemo is dripping and nearly one down three to go. Everyone has been really nice and skip even met a stage four, three year survivor when I went to the restroom. I think she made his day :) They accessed my port for the first time this morning. I wasn't sure what to expect but it went beautifully!! Not even a pinch! I'm sure it's due to all the wonderful prayers. I've watched one lady get pricked 3 times (sweet, sweet Cynthia), and another once (Buffy). I was so anxious for them!! I know now without a doubt now I did the right thing! Love my Lovie!  I was not once nervous today. A bit tired and a little headache, but otherwise okay! All curled up in my fancy recliner... Maybe I can nap like the sweet old man across from me. He is out like a light... Now that's peaceful at its finest..."

The first 24 hours were fairly uneventful. After chemo we went and had a lovely lunch at California Dreaming and then went home for a quiet night. I woke up with some pain under my arms which I now know is normal. I took it easy all day knowing it was Canyons Night for our 24 Hours of Booty fund raiser. About two hours before I started losing all my energy and decided to ride in wih Skip. It was sooooo good to see so many friendly faces, and met a whole bunch of knew ones too! I drank a Coke and ate a double cheeseburger. I don't think my current healthy eating kick is going to go over well. You know, it kinda feels like I'm pregnant. Tired. Food looks gross. And I have this nasty taste in my mouth on the tip of my tongue. It almost feels numb or like you burned it maybe? Almost fizzy. That's the best way to describe it. Overall I feel very blessed and thankful.

Today I woke up and my stomach isn't very happy and I have a weird subtle pain in my chin-neck. Lol. Who knows, maybe it's killing those left over thyroid cells ;) I need to go to the grocery store but Skip and I both decided I might not make it without falling asleep! Holy tired! I feel like the laziest person on the planet at the moment. I went to get the girls lunch and the word left overs made my stomach turn. Ooooky gooky. Back in the recliner... :) Dog with a blog, Good luck Charlie, Jesse... Yep, I'm now a Disney Channel guru. (: as long as I don't start watching when they're gone...

That being said it is the last weekend before school starts. It seems so weird that I have a fifth grader and a Kindergadener! Just got all their paperwork signed and back packs packed... I shouldn't talk about that. My babies are all gone... Whaaaaaaaa! Ok. Seriously, lunch time for the family. Girls are eating chips. :) tata for now! 2 days done, 82 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment