Thursday, August 8, 2013

1 Down, 11 To Go!

It's been one week since chemo and wowzers, it kicked my booty. I am currently 10 pounds down and fit in my jeans again, thanks to the amazing chemo diet! It consisted of scrambled eggs, soup and crackers for about 4 days and over 40 trips to the bathroom, but I do not recommend it. Needless to say, my stomach is still sore, and I am tired, but slowly I am beginning to function again! I've noticed I have the most energy between 9 and 11 AM and 4 and 8 PM, so I'm trying to work/nap in between so I can rest, and do chores and help the kids the other times. It seems to work well so far. Last night, Skip took me to the mall to get a couple of things and really, to get out. I walked slow and sat in the chairs and didn't even go far, but when I was done, my feet were killing me. So weird. Then we went to Taco Mac for dinner, and I can't believe I did it, but I ordered a kids grilled cheese, unseasoned fries and a ginger ale. Amazingly, everything actually sounded good on the menu, but I knew my stomach would reject it. For the first time though, it 4 days, dinner stayed and it was actually pretty good! Who knew!

Today, I worked a bit and worked on designing the 2013 Sweet Rides jersey, took a strengths test (which said my number one strength was positivity! HA!) and organized the tupperware that kept pouring out of the cabinet.(Skip is going to love me more now. Watch.) I think I'm going to get my hair chopped today. More because I like getting my hair cut and less of any other reason. lol. I can't get manicures and pedicures during chemo because of infection risk, so this is my back up. Plus, I would kinda like to see what I'm going to look like in short hair... I didn't order the wig yet because I was sold on getting the long one until Skip said short was cute - well, and the fact I couldn't pick up the phone to call the lady. 

OK. Off to get after school snacks ready.... be back tomorrow! Hopefully feeling "more better" as Alana would say!

PS, my girls are getting along, madison is not anxious for school, is making friends and helping her little sister. She is more confident and organized and I have a great feeling about this year. Little Lana is loving school and comments daily, "the best day ever." Such a relief for me... such a relief.






No comments:

Post a Comment