Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Adventures in Atlanta Plastic Surgery

Today I am feeling wonderful. I got ready, did my hair and make-up and felt oddly "normal." I made it right on time to the doctors office and the rapid strep test was negative. They are sending it for a culture, but went ahead and started me on antibiotics to just be sure I don't pick up strep from the lanaberry. I actually had never met this doctor and I really, really like her... I may have to cheat on Dr. Williams every once in a while! HAHA!

I also had my check up with Dr. Namnoum today. And like the title says, it is ALWAYS an adventure and I always get a good laugh and leave with a smile. When Dr. N came in he saw my hair chopped and asked, "What did you do to your hair?" And because his face was all red I had to ask, "What did you do to your face!??" (Apparently he was bored and was lazering some spots away. lol) He messed with my hair and was making ehhh sounds. It makes me laugh, because he is just one of those people who is blatantly honest. He asked about chemo and I told him how awful it was and how I had bone pain. Well he went into this OCD mode where he HAD to figure out why Taxol actually CAUSES bone pain. So when I was leaving he pulled me aside to their computers and I'm watching him google and learn. He was getting really frustrated that it wasn't telling him what he wanted to now and I'm sorry, but it was really funny. I wondered if there were any other patients  at this point. I was pretty sure there were about 5 nurses hanging around and were all quiet until sweet Cindy came out! She's his admin and she rocks. She was in love with my hair saying how sexy it was! Love her! Then I saw Allison, the main nurse who tells me when I can do things... I had asked Dr. N if I could ride my bike and he said deep in internet world, "ya, whatever." lol So I asked her and she said as long as I'm careful!!! So if you can't find me tonight you know where I'll be! (Allison thought I had sexy hair too, so as long as my husband thinks it is, we're all good! lol) Anyway, you may have had to have been there to get a giggle, but it made me laugh. I now have to wait a whole month, but the receptionist said I can visit any time. So I may have to drop in with some goodies on a week I'm feeling up to it. They are all just the sweetest there and it helps to leave somewhere feeling good about yourself, especially after all of this craziness.

Alana is feeling LOADS better. Like a new child. I did look in her throat though and ewwww. It is still a nasty haven of swollen sickness. No fever though and hoping Madison can hold out for us! She was coughing this morning... I know. I know.

Back to working i go, had to blog that before i forgot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment