Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Weekly Monday News

Hey! Just wanted to post an update though I'm a day late.


Today is scantastic day. Hoping for awesome results and continued confirmation this week that I made the right choice to go to Emory.

I already had the PET scan and now I'm waiting for my MRI that was scheduled at 2, but apparently they are wicked behind, so maybe 4:00. So why I am not in love with this place. Too many people and everything is always 2 hours delayed. Breathe and know it going into it, right?

Tomorrow I am free, and may take Alana to the doctor. She is still having those freeze episodes where she can't move. I thought it was heartburn or precordial catch syndrome (I had it a lot as a kid too) but shes not having it in the same places. She's also scary ADD at the moment and is calling herself Dory and realizes she is having a really really hard time remembering and focusing. Just want to check in for her before school starts.

Thursday is my last day at Northside where I will get my bone chemo. Then at 2:00 I have my return to Emory day and I will finally see Dr. Gogenini. It's been since last April, but she was so awesome when I was diagnosed. We will go over the last 10 months and today's scans. (It'll be hard as I know they will be ready tomorrow.) hehe.

Friday through Sunday I vote we go back to Ellijay, but then again, It's raining and filling my pond back up.

We leave early Tuesday morning for California, will get Opdivo and Wednesday my normal chemo, unless these scans show we need to change things up. Thursday we come home late and thanks to nanny, pappy, and miss bonnie, the kids will be well loved, taken care of and taken to their camps.

I think think think that is it. I'm not sure when we would have to go back out to California, but supposedly my doctor will be able to transfer my Opdivo to Emory and I can do it here. I can't wait to figure out the next step of this journey. I'm truly hoping and believing that the cancer is dying in a big way. We need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment