Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ellijay 4th Weekend!

Greetings from Ellijay the place where we can work hard and never know it until dinner, and just wild peace and insane bugs. The bugs I think are toxic giants or maybe I have not seen bugs like this in a while but they’re nuts here. The bats take care of mosquitos, but I had to take care of the mega horse fly and the black wasp is still roaming around inside, just haven’t seen it in a while. Then Alana got stung 3 times on her back while riding the dune buggy so we called it a night. Surprisingly she never cried? She was so strong wincing as it stung.

We’ve had an ice cold baby pool outside for two days now and it has been so refreshing. Just pull up a chair, umbrella and stick your feet in if you can! Today it finally warmed up a little and the kids were splashing and laughing and having a blast.

Mom and Skip have worked tirelessly on the tool shed and WOW it is so impressive. Skip used translucent roofing, smoked, and it’s awesome. I feel bad that my mom is up there and I can’t be, but I guess having 3 kids is a big enough chore for me. Plus, I’ll make them dinner so they can relax.

Skip found the big black wasp today and trapped it in our mudroom but its latched and he had to go in! I took a video but it was unimpressive.

We left around dinner time, stopped by Shanes and then found out a few people in the neighborhood were shooting fireworks off at the lake. I was looking for low key, no driving, and let me say they rocked. We lay on the hill, and they were bursting over our heads! Then we got sparklers out and had a little photo family fun.

I forgot to mention coming home to 97 degrees upstairs. Thankfully it was shady? No. We decided to have a camp out in our living room and I guess  mosquito made it home with us, because I’m a bitten disaster. Itchy Itchy AYAYAYA!

Today is scan day. I’m a little freaked out but hanging. There were some things on my last MRI and PET that I would’ve like to have known about, but I should’ve known better. I’ve gotten slack on collecting and reading reports. I guess I was so desperate to let go and let doctors make calls, that I checked out. Not anymore. Back at Emory (I still don’t love this place. Too big) but I see my breast oncologist Thursday and we will go over the last 10 months and todays results. Getting antsy already.

I think that is about it. I’m glad to be in the basement level as the massive red blob moves over the hospital. It looked pretty ominous. They’ve give me a 2 hour possible delay (at least they told me!) so I guess I’ll work on my scrapbooks. Got my chemo bag and now a couch.

Oh, I called this morning and my echo was normal. THANK GOD! So now I can quit worrying about that too much. I’ve increased salt intake and exercise and it was pretty normal for me all weekend. I’ll post a weekly Monday News, even though it’s Tuesday, so everyone knows how to pray. It’s going to be a crazy 10 days. Love and unicorn hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment