Thursday, July 21, 2016

"Miracle #476504983760846703586056... check!" -God.

33 Let all the joys of the godly well up in praise to the Lord, for it is right to praise him. Play joyous melodies of praise upon the lyre and on the harp. Compose new songs of praise to him, accompanied skillfully on the harp; sing joyfully.
For all God’s words are right, and everything he does is worthy of our trust. He loves whatever is just and good; the earth is filled with his tender love. He merely spoke, and the heavens were formed and all the galaxies of stars. He made the oceans, pouring them into his vast reservoirs.
Let everyone in all the world—men, women, and children—fear the Lord and stand in awe of him. For when he but spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command! 10 And with a breath he can scatter the plans of all the nations who oppose him, 11 but his own plan stands forever. His intentions are the same for every generation.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen as his own. 13-15 The Lord gazes down upon mankind from heaven where he lives. He has made their hearts and closely watches everything they do.
16-17 The best-equipped army cannot save a king—for great strength is not enough to save anyone. A war horse is a poor risk for winning victories—it is strong, but it cannot save.
18-19 But the eyes of the Lord are watching over those who fear him, who rely upon his steady love. He will keep them from death even in times of famine! 20 We depend upon the Lord alone to save us. Only he can help us; he protects us like a shield. 21 No wonder we are happy in the Lord! For we are trusting him. We trust his holy name. 22 Yes, Lord, let your constant love surround us, for our hopes are in you alone.
Psalm 33Living Bible (TLB)

I awoke very early this morning, God once again tapping on the shoulder to wake up and sit a while. I cannot stop praising him with thankfulness for I have seen miracles I cannot explain. I’ve kept a secret from many of you for the last few days, and it’s time to reveal it.

When I was in California, many of you know my doctor accessed my ommaya reservoir to collect spinal fluid (CSF) samples. I was curious if they had come back and emailed the NPA. This is what I got back:

Hey Nadine,
Glad you made it home ok. I just released the cytology results to your MyChart. It is normal and has no cancer cells in it that can be detected. There are some macrophages in it which is an indication that your immune system is working. Please let me know if you have any questions and congrats!
Minh”
I started SCREAMING and crying, “OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD…” maybe 150 times as I was at a loss of any words. Skip ran out of his office with a look of fear and I could barely talk. Hugging, crying, Alana was there, and she jumped of facetime and was instantly calling her sister. It was a moment I will never forget. Screaming, mouths dropped, falling to your knees, whatever the many family responses have been, they are all in awe of how. How can this BE??! I don't know but this is the best I can do.

My answer is, "it’s simple, prayer." (and maybe a good dose of positivity, unicorns, medical advancements and listening too, but these too are all gifts) Team Nadine has been pivotal in this fight. God is still making miracles we are just to stubborn, analytical, busy, distracted, whatever, to see that they still exist. I’ve had several along the way, but this is the biggest yet! He put me on the miracle path months ago, and basically just lay each stepping stone in front of every step we took. Dr. Kesari I believe is at the end of the yellow brick road and God has given him the ultimate miracle to hold and give when the time comes. I truly believe I can be cured of this now, I've always had a tiny level of doubt. My praise will always be to God forevermore. It’s not my plan. I am not in control. I may be led to change doctors, or get a tap on the shoulder by the Holy Spirit, I just trust that I’m going to have God’s word, the Spirits nudge, guiding my every decision.

This is a true miracle. I only know of one person, maybe two, with no evidence of disease and if you google LM and cured, you get nothing. Just the dark, dismal gloom and doom of LM. When I was diagnosed, my doctor told me it was terminal and usually within 3-4 months if treated. I read somewhere that 20% of cancer patients actually HAVE LM but are not diagnosed fast enough and 15% die before they even know, and is found through autopsy, leaving only 2-5% diagnosed. It is a very sad, rare disease that we need more awareness for. 15% of cancer patients is significant enough for me! Time to create some crazy awareness for LM on top of celebrating a real time miracle.

Unbelievable, miracle, “almost” cured.
Cannot wait to take the almost out! We are close! Thank God for his faithfulness to our prayers! We will never stop and we will never give up! Cancer is not welcome. Ever.

Bless you all! Thank you for all you have done to help us get to this point! You are all so special and I’m honored to have such a beautiful team at my side.
With great excitement and love,
Nadine



6 comments:

  1. I am so grateful to God and so happy for you!! We never know (any of us!) what tomorrow will hold, but God promises to meet us there! And He has been meeting with you every step of the way!!!! Your work here is not done Nadine!! PRAISE HIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD IS GREAT!!!!!! Prayers have been answered. I'll continue to pray for you Nadine as well as Skip and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing testimony...stepping stones, all planted down along our journey by our Almighty God, for us to walk, guided, one step at a time... there really are no words that can express how grateful I am to know this news...Nadine,you are so blessed by the favor of God's life-affirming miracles...big, big, tight hug w/tears of joy...I Love you, girl!♡♡♡ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤❤ my dad was just diagnosed with LM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just diagnosed and found your blog. Praise God !! Thank you for all of your positive thoughts !! It really gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete