Thursday, July 7, 2016

Bye bye NorthSide, Hi Emory

I walked into the tower office today and am greeted by none other than my most favorite friend there, Troy! I'm going to totally miss him. I might even have to visit. He helped me stay positive during my first ever intrathecal rounds. 

My blood work looked good but my WBC are actually low so please if you are sniffling, coughing or ANYthing you cannot see me. And if you think it's allergies, pretend it's not, and please refrain. I know it's not easy but if I get sick I don't get chemo in CA and that will be one huge waste of a trip. I've been very slack about it because they've been higher than normal, but we have a low level and I don't screw around with those.

I had an easy access and now I'm receiving my Xometa dose. It's only 30 minutes so we will have plenty of time to grab a nice lunch and head to Emory. I cannot believe this is the turning point!! Seems a bit surreal actually. I'm not a huge fan of change, but the closer this one gets the more excited I get!

Stay tuned for the live additions...

Skip and I just ate breakfast at Flying Biscuit! Nummmmmy! Now I'm full and guess what Emory isn't busy!! I got here 30 minutes early and already waiting in the back! 

I'm so excited to see her! I can't sit still! Here we go!!!!

Just talked to her PA and I approve. She totally remembered me from when I was originally diagnosed in 2013 with Dr O'Reagan!!? Lady had a killer memory and remembered I was a designer? I liked her regardless so impression 1 is positive. Waiting on Dr G to finish up with someone and then we talk!

Lots of talking. We had a great discussion about everything and she has and is going to follow up with Dr K. So the PET and all MRIs look stable, in some cases better. Basically over two months nothing appears to be new or grown. So that's good.

Why am I not more enthusiastic? Because I wanted a better report. Stable is good, gone is what I dream about. I just feel numb about it when really I should be jumping up and down. In two days I'll have defeated many, many odds. 

After we discussed more, now I have a new decision to make. Opdivo was obtained and we go to CA Tuesday to get it and my other chemos. She too had a hesitation about using it. She noted that things were looking good and working, why mess with trying to add something that we don't know the side effects because there's no info on Opdivo with Carbo/Alimta. Made sense and I've had a Dr bring up the same thing, but I've also had two Drs in CA say I should be on it. Not easy for me. 

The wait today was Emory like and that was hard but it was super quiet. We are wiped out and I'm looking forward to a good night sleep. Hoping the Zometa doesn't hit me hard. I don't think it did last time. 

I'm going to wait for the two doctors to talk tomorrow so they can devise a plan. I'm always nervous about getting a new drug, I'm now seriously stressing over this. Please pray for me like you all always do. And pray they make the best decisions to get us to our miracle.



2 comments: