Saturday, June 25, 2016

Salina Kansas and St. Lewis

I've likely lost a day but hello St. Louis! Cool little city, great arch and kudos Four Seasons and government buildings for their Orlando support! Rainbows seemed to be everywhere.

We drove all the Way from Salina Kansas from Fort Collins Colorado yesterday, never seeing rce but running from wicked storms the entire way, a good 10 plus or so journey, but we did get to stop in for a fantastic meal in what seemed to be a ghost town. It was a fantastic German Brewery, Gallows.

When I saw the Brewben and he told me it’s one of the most popular picks and they are located in a predominately German area, I knew it was going to be in fine battle with Frankfurt Donor in Ballground. It was delicious and I would say tie, but Frankfurt Donor had a little better and more sauce. They did have the best creamed spinach I’ve ever had in my life and I think I know exactly how to make it.

Why in the world am I even talking about food!?!? We found a little Burger joint open and it was slammed. The burgers were okay, but the dessert, the homemade, all natural, no artificial flavoring, ice cream, was delish. I ordered one scoop, but apparently everyone else ended up with like 4. Lol. I should have just tried theirs and called it a day, because 1 scoop was so rich, I couldn’t. And I do my best to avoid sugar at all cost, but I cave at caramel. Yum, to salted caramel.

I’m laying here in the RV with earplugs in and I’m ready to call it a night. It’s been 3 days now of extremely long and hard days. We’ve decided to take it short tomorrow (we hope) and pop over to Louisville early in the day. Plan is to chill, rest and recoup and then head home for another long day of travels Monday. But then that is it! I had thought early on yay no chemo so we can stay out and play longer, but my husband I forgot kind of has to be back to work.

So I’m hoping we can do some fun days of whatever over the next week. I’m feeling pretty well off chemo and love it so much. To be on a trip, finding youself mostly in the middle of nowhere with terrible food options, it has been SO hard to eat well. I have put meat back into my diet as my BP had still extremely low and I’m hoping not due to anemia, or anything really. I think the last reading was 88/45 and I was faint and weak. I looked up natural ways to help boost it, so I’ve also added a little more salt and caffeine. Today I checked it and back to normal, so I guess it is helping already and its only been a couple of days. Sweet.

I was trying to think if anything else has happened but I don’t think so. It’s been mostly a calm day. Pretty sure Skip is close to done, and hoping the break tomorrow helps. Hope that it doesn’t take very long to get there and that we arrive early enough to enjoy it all. I think all are exhausted and need a good day of sleep and pajamas, but we are still laughing, playful and more loving to one another than ever before.  Miracles happen in the strangest of ways.


N

No comments:

Post a Comment