Saturday, June 25, 2016

Bryce to Ft. Collins

We have 5 days left of our journey, yet I am just getting started. All of that was a warm up, now I’m in the groove! Today was a driving day and we decided to knock out as many hours as possible. I think our estimated arrival in CO is around midnight or 1 AM. 

We left around 11 this morning and we were able to see the tunnel we drove into when we arrived. It was super neat! We were shocked at the continued scenery all the way through Wyoming. We decided not to go through it, but over it. Kind of like Marlin did, and boy were we glad we did. There were a couple of pretty significant grades and they were not even close to the percentage of what we have climbed so far. Worth the 200 extra miles.

Currently we are 2:48 out from Fort Collins where we have a KOA reservation. Then tomorrow we go from there. Part of the long drive was originally to get us home on time, but along the way we saw bike trails over the mountains and amazing homes along the mountains that reminded me of Winter Park. I think for 3-4 summers I’ve asked Skip to go but he always said before he went to a Whistler type park again, that he wanted to build up his jumps. So the years went by and we are closer than ever.

When he said lets take a day there, I cried. He offered to drive as long as it took and would do whatever he needed to to make it hppen, if that is what I wanted. Are you kidding?! I’m not sure it is possible really because we have Jax and likely cant get a camper to Trestle (I saw the roads! They are the tightest zig zags I have ever seen. And, I think it’s more than a day trip. I almost think we need to drive back out with other camper people, family and bike buddies and stay for several days. Then again, I would love to just ride up the lifts once, put on a ton of armor and tear off down. It’s kind of a crazy dream. It’s baby Whistler within driving distance… Would you?

I’m going to give Skip some company, I think the Avengers for the 800th time isn’t as entertaining. We didn’t get as many pictures but we did enjoy one another’s company for the second entire day. Learn a lot? Oh my, we are closer than ever without threats, without whining, just loving and respectful to each other. It’s another good day, another God miracle. I mean, all the girls played the biggest game of dots and I never heard “MAdiSOn!??” Huge.

Will check in tomorrow to see if we head home or play hard!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment