Saturday, June 25, 2016

Bryce Exploration Day Two & Three

Yesterday was simply awesome. We chilled out, slept in and then had a down day for the most part. We played family games like chinese checkers and war and did our best to stay tech free. When it cooled off and the distant thunder ceased we decided to go exploring. Apparently, Bryce Canyon was .04 miles from our RV Park! That was a pleasant surprise. We quickly decided that we would drive to the end of the park first and anything we didn’t do we would save for the next.

Our first stop was Rainbow point. There are simply no words. In my opinion it blew away the Grand Canyon. We didn’t stay long as the bugs were not cooperating there but every stop on the way down was just as awesome. EVERY ONE. The sun was setting and I really wanted to get to Sunset point as the sun was setting soon and it was perfect. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of it. I decided to go out on a ledge and soak it all on but I couldn’t get too far as my fear and dizziness of heights wasn’t going to let me. Good choice, but soooo neat.

Then I saw it, Inspiration Point ½ mile on the trail. We had looked on the way up AND down and never found it. So we decided that, sunrise point, and the Navajo trail into the Canyon would have to wait until the next day.

We came back and roasted hot dogs and smore’s and enjoyed a very peaceful evening outside. The temperature is in the mid 80’s so far and the night I had on sweats and I was snuggled in a blanket! I love the heat, but this was nice.

So that next day is now today and we took our time again. Actaully I think all the females slept until after 10 AM which is lunch time in Atlanta. Oops. Madison said she wished she had bacon and while we were at the laundry we popped over to the Office and I almost didn’t go in but they had a drink/ice cream cooler in the very back, filled with those, and bacon! We were cracking up. Of all things, there were 2 packs of bacon and a few packs of something else. So weird.

I fixed breakfast and Madison and Skip went to pick up our laundry and came in saying, “we aren’t going to meet those weird people in RV, we ARE those weird people in RV.” They were SO right. When I went with Madison, we put all out clothes in the big dryer, not the washers and had to move it all. Oh, we had already paid, so someone got a free dry. Then we are trying to separate it all because it wont fit into one, and who KNOWS what went on with Skip and Madison.

Breakfast ROCKED with bacon and eggs and toast and then we played more war and a game of memory, and mom still has one! My short term memory is awful, but I refuse to let it get me. I must play once a week so it stays working, and I’ve always been the champion up until recently when Madison won for the first time.

Skip pulled all the bikes off with Alana for the first time and we got ready to ride the Bryce greenway path, I think it is called Red Rock or something. It was 3 miles steady up, on which I pedaled as fast as some hikers were walking but when it came to the 3 miles back and down, dude, I was in heaven. It was winding and smooth and I have no idea what speed I hit, but I know the lady the day before told me she hit 25 and I know my bike goes faster than that! It was like flying and there was nothing that was going to wipe the grin from my face. Especially when I turned around and Alana wasn’t too far behind! YEAH! Skip and Madison continue the additional 2 miles to the top of Inspiration Point and Alana and I headed back. I got a text asking if we wanted to drive up later since I had missed it, but there was a mega hike to the overlook. Why not.

We had taco night and realized we only had 35 minutes to sunset so we hopped into the car and made our way up. We saw deer and an antelope family along the way! When I saw where the parking lot was and where I was actually going, I wasn’t sure 11 minutes was going to be enough time. About half way up, Skip pushed, and each girl grabbed a wrist and they literally drug me up the hill. Laughing, feet moving along and about ¼ way left, they were even wiped. But we never stopped and it must’ve been 8:53 not 8:35, because we still had a little way to go on the sunset.

We took pictures and made our way around the overlook, but my favorite was after it set. We sat on a log silently, staring out, then going around finding out what everyone loved most about our trip and finally everyone was gone. We walked back over to the point and just held hands staring out. It was lovely. Alone. Just the four of us and I’m pretty sure we all had a moment. We said our good night prayers on a ledge looking over the most amazing canyon I had ever seen, hand in hand. It was perfect.

Going down was much easier and we stopped to get a little ice cream and waters on the way back. Now we are cleaned up, calming and going to bed. The goal was to hit the canyon trail as Alana was begging to do it today, so we thought let’s wake up early. Hm. It says 12:30AM, I’m not sure that will happen though. We are supposed to leave tomorrow, but where we go, no one knows. We are also supposed to be home Monday, which means we need to get hauling with not many stops along the way, so wish us luck, love, and safe travels! So far so awesome as Skip is a natural and obviously has an angel and a unicorn protecting him every mile of the way.

I’m guessing we will make some album some time with all of the pictures that we can share a link to eventually, but I think we need to get onto our home wifi before that happens.

Love to all, we are finally finding some peace now that we’ve slowed down again.


XO, I’m sore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment