Thursday, June 2, 2016

Opdivo Approved!

What a day! I was approved for Opdivo while painting my unicorn at the pottery place! Whooo-hoo! I should be completely open and disclose that it does make me a bit nervous and a bit excited. Opdivo for Breast Cancer has NOT been FDA approved nor has anyone in our cancer clinic at home ever given it to a BC patient. Last time, or current time, we got something “unheard of”, we got swollen eyes that no one can seem to figure out for over a month.

THAT said, my awesome Dr. N and I had a little chat yesterday. I texted him as I’ve been on 6 days of strong antibiotics and nothing has changed, and if anything they have gotten worse. I needed another opinion, and he is a genius. So, we talked, him mostly, and decided a CT scan of the sinus cavities needed to be done asap. Thankfully, I have amazing doctors who not only were able to make it happen, but made it happen tomorrow at 10:30! I’m so eager to know what is in my face. I ran upstairs and I told skip, “Dr. Namnoum is SO smart. He knew every part of the sinuses and how they worked and he just went on and on.” Skip says, “Um, he’s a plastic surgeon, he doesn’t just work on boobs you know.” It made me laugh, duh. But I’m pretty sure he’s the smartest. He said it’ll be infection or swelling. One gets treated with death eater drugs, I mean steroids, and one with antibiotics and decongestants. So we shall see what’s behind door number one hopefully tomorrow evening!

Finally, I got a new side effect, probably due to my sinus. Only 30 minutes ago I start noticing this weird high pitched echo in my ear. When I talk or listen to someone else, it sounds like you’re on a cell phone that makes you hear every word you say, but at a screech. It’s low, but isn’t going to be able to be tolerated long. It’s not pleasant.

I watched Harry Potter with Alana for a second time today after our awesome painting party with Alana, M, and 3 other teens. Made my day seem a bit normal, we stopped for donuts, until I got home and dove for the couch. Wiped me out!

Waiting on Brooklyn Joes to knock any second, but wanted to update everyone on the good news before I forgot.
Happy weekend! It’s here!



No comments:

Post a Comment