Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Are We There Yet

Day Dos. Has it seriously only been 48 hours? And how many mosquitos have we killed? At least fifty... It's now a game. We should've had a competition. 


I learned today that the best punishment for a teen is to take away selfies unless approved beforehand. We had another rough morning, but I THINK we are on our way to a fabulous trip now. See we needed to explain that this trip isn’t for “I” or “me” it is for “we.”


We woke up to the sun coming up over the Mississippi river and it was beautiful. Definitely hot and sticky, and mosquitos LOVE me despite being on chemotherapy, but we had a little walk before it got too hot. The girls took the real cameras and played around and I also got some fun photos of them walking the rocks. ‘


Then we did some top secret stuff that Skip says, “what did you get us into now…” and that actually I think is what kick started us to have fun as the girls think it’s cool and got a kick out of step one. I just can’t say what, but will in a few weeks. Hold tight.

I did get asked the question, what do you love about Skip and I was completely speechless and stumbled all over my words with the sorriest answer imaginable. The question should be what do I not love about Skip, because he is just simply awesome. Not only is he always here for us girls, dragging me everywhere with never, and I mean NEVER a complaint, he is so loving toward me and the girls. He pours love on me when I’m not. He makes me laugh uncontrollably and is difintely the smartest person I have ever met. He is my number one fan, and bet you I’m his. He works harder than anyone I’ve ever met and I know if we were not his, he would be living in a hut on the beach somewhere as a bum. He does it all for us, everything. That to me is a man I cannot help but love in a deep way.


We shortened our drive today hoping to give Skip a little break between long days now that we know it takes about 15 minutes longer per hour it says we have to go. Today we ended up stopping in Sallisaw, OK just outside of Fort Smith. It seemed to have an appealing camp and so glad we did!


It’s a small hidden gem, all shaded with a park, pool, and beautiful full bathrooms. The kids were at the pool before we could even get there and had a blast. We played until dark (they played, I watched and grinned) and now we are waiting to for the excitement of the day to settle down so we can take a long day to Amarillo.

Remember tomorrow should be a “Finding Nemo” day for all souls as Friday “Finding Dory” comes out!! #goals I cannot tell you how excited I am to see this movie!!!!! AHHHH! Nemo is my ALL TIME FAVORITE movie and Madison’s first favorite Disney movie. “mommo. Mommo.” Nemo in Madison language.

Off to get some shut eye since laying in the back of the car didn't work either. I’m resorting to Ambien as it's been at least four days of the worst sleep imaginable if you can even call it sleep.
Sweet dreams! Love you all! Seriously, so much has happened in the world, just know I love you...



No comments:

Post a Comment