Saturday, June 18, 2016

Painted and Petrified

Today has been a long long good day, which really when I think about that, it makes me smile because we are living the most out of each and every one. No one yelled, no kids hit or hated, and peace reigned.

Our morning went like this. Skip went to camping world to get the water problem fixed, I took the girls in the Rec building, took showers did two bags of laundry and played a little pool. 

Skip waits and finds out they cannot see him until later that afternoon which isn't going to work so he talked them into letting a service employee come out for 5 minutes so he could confirm the issue. He showed him the part he needed and skip came back deciding he will fix it himself to make life easier. 

Needless to say we got a REALLY late start to the day and we had plans!! We had stops along the way planned and now we were seriously pushing it. So, we went to Starbucks and Cracker Barrel. Before you laugh, it fueled us for the entire afternoon. No begging for snacks and food!

We passed beautiful terrain of all types today! Land features I know I've never seen in my lifetime more beautiful than any camera or iPhone could make happen. 

We decided to do it and entered the Petrified Forest National Park which also encompasses the Painted Desert. At first when he said its 28 miles from North to South I thought ew. But it ended up popping out close to Holbrook where we were planning to stop. 

Let me just say, that park stop was super cool!! It was very hot so we just hit the spots that really interested us, like Painted Desert and the Jasper Forest and even hiked some of the trail. But my most favorite was somewhere in between on a tiny pull off and we just ran around with these unreal white striped mounds all around us. 

Finally everyone began seriously crashing and off to the inspiration for the Cars movie we went! We ate at a several recommending El Rancho. Besides no one having cheese dip out west we all loved it! Alana said it was the BEST meat ever! She doesn't comment on food often so that was huge and a big relief for last nights Mexican was a catastrophe for her. (We adored it. Super authentic)

Finally we are back in the car and hoping to get there around 11. The night seems to be helping my car run a little happier and beside skip yawning and giving me the yawns, I think we are making good time. 

I am wearing sunglasses at night which is fantastic because I couldnt see at all when we first started tonight. Hurt so bad!! Now it's calm and I'm blogging like I would in bed, but figure we are going to pass out within minutes of parking, so I'll sign off to keep skip entertained!

God bless you all. Ditched the bad moments of girlie sister fights and got to replace them with some of the most beautiful moments ever. Ones I will never be able to explain. 

Love and hugs. N

No comments:

Post a Comment