Saturday, June 25, 2016

Bryce! We made it!

Monday Weekly News:
There is not much to report other than my eyes decided to swell again. Everything seems to be the same for now and all appointments are scheduled for July.

We arrived at Bryce Canyon after 10 hours of traveling and pit stops. We stocked up at the local Walmart and made a pit stop to gather some items at the Camping World hoping to make our 3 night stay more pleasant. We saw SO many amazing places along the way, beautiful sights that just took your breathe away. We even drove through a “tunnel” or basically a rock arch and through cut rock. It was 8 our time, the sun was setting on the beautiful plain and we were having a God moment going around saying what we were thankful for and the answers were lovely, it made you have to pray.  We went over the Colorado River, through Angel Wing Park, and right before Bryce, the elevation was 7777. I was pretty sure God was just reminding us it’s all about him. All four of us. We unhooked and crashed out, all were wiped.

We slept until noon, played a few games, made breakfast and lunch and after a few claps of thunder and a little rain passed we decided to drive into the park. What we didn’t know was that it was .04 miles up the road! There is a greenway from the campground literally through the entire park that we will likely explore tomorrow, but today we drove to the very end, Rainbow point and we were in awe. It was maybe the most beautiful scenery we had seen along the entire trip. The Grand Canyon is neat and definitely worth a visit, but this was insane. It looked like when you get a bucket of wet sand at the beach and squeeze it through your hand to make those little sand piles. The tops were amazing. You could see forever away. The air was cool, I drove, and we just stopped and scenic points along the way. We saw a big arch, what they call a natural bridge too!

We didn’t see any animals today but I think we saw proghorns and a few chipmunck, and several normal deer last night. I’m really hoping we see some antelope or moose! Oh Skip and Madison tried sending a billy goat and three young sheep back into their fence. They were on the road where we stopped so Alana could potty and they were all 4 there outside their fence. They got two in, but the other two were too spooked so we left.

A little way up the steep mountain, along an overlook, we saw the Colorado River from another perspective and local vendors were all around. Alana spent money on hers, Madison talked me into saying I owed her money anyway, hm, and I bought a couple more Christmas Ornaments! I figure I’m on 2021 and how cool to have a 5 year anniversary ornament handmade by local artists form our trip. I thought it was awesome.

We came home around sunset, just an awesome view, and made some dinner by the fire, and roasted hot dogs and then smores. I lost count at how many were eaten but they were happy. We did a few pictures, threw a little football and now I’m laying in bed, hoping to have the energy to do more. I saw so many “epic” rides close by for mountain biking and it hurts. I want to tear it up so badly. A year ago, I was racing. Right now, I can’t hike ½ mile. I’m going to find a maybe easier trail than black diamond and hope to get Skip out there for some epic rides too.

So far, this is my favorite stop next to the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest.
We are trying to determine our route home still. We either go up and around, a north route that takes us through more states, or back the way we came which is in my opinion lame. Third option, sell it all while we are out here and fly home. Lol. It was seriously a legit option this morning. The kids are cute, but they are really hard also.
Okay, Im about to fall aleep. Love to all.













No comments:

Post a Comment