Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekly Monday News

Weekly Monday News         

It’s been a long week, so here is a short update.

Went to my doctor this morning and got stronger antibiotics for this crazy junk around my face and ears and whatever. I had to laugh. I just read the bottle as I assumed I needed to take it with food and it said, “Do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking this drug.” WHAT?!!! I was just about to go back to sleep! Glad I read it.

I’m still tired, sleepy, all the same. I did take my 50 prednisone today as I have chemo tomorrow. I unfortunately didn’t get the much needed “off time” I thought I would get so that’s a bit unfair. I should get all the blood culture results tomorrow as well but figuring they are fine as usual.

Thank you for all the amazing prayers. I made myself go out last night to pedal a little and it did me some good – probably all of us some good and then we had a great meal at Marlo’s. A sweet family paid for our meal again, and we were just so grateful. Brings me to tears every time. They had no idea it was the most food I could stomach in over a week, and probably the best meal in weeks!! Thank you!!! I had been telling Skip we needed to remember Marlo’s! Nothing else ever sounds good!Glad we had a good little night though, it had been a really rough week.

Sadly, I woke up super nauseated, eyes swollen again and back to reality for whatever reason, and is why I went to doctor first thing. This won't be as easy to kick once we get chemo in me dropping my counts. 

My hands hurt and I am about to fall asleep typing…
Tomorrow is chemo #3 of Alimta-Carbo… Prayers are delightful…

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment