Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Chemo Day #3 (#12 if not counting intrathecal, #21 if you are! Dang. )

And we are off... Not sure if the magic blue pills or just a combination of prayer warriors and unicorns, but I awoke a teeny weeny better! I was ABLE to get out of bed despite the beautiful sound of the spring storm rolling through. I'm not nauseated. My neck does not hurt. My eye is swollen but I have a new plan for that. So phew. 

I collected my things and I mayyyyy have went a little overboard. My favorite nurse through it all sent me a unicorn shirt and I couldn't not wear it so I couldn't not sport my socks, and maybeeeeee I have a pink polka dot blanky and purple wig. Oh and a purple unicorn.



I'll update as the day goes... Thank you for allllllll the texts this morning! Means a lot :)

Got the port accessed - it was awful and did its little pulse thing that makes me gag but all looked well via blood and we are a go. 

We've had a little unicorn fun this morning and it's unreal how much of a difference a little rainbows and laughter can make a day. I hope to go to sleep now for a while and wake up done!?? Haha. So glad everyone here knows how to have fun. I might pop a few more people with my unicorn popper before it's over too... Yes. I have a unicorn popper. 


Oh and my unicorn name is:
There had to be a generator!! 

Juice is flowing, I think I can fly!
To be updated by "Lavender Velevet Cheeks" 

... Well that was hilarious, Carmen going along with my unicorn thing too and put a note on my chair when I woke up. See that's love! I was soooo out of it that I barely remember making it home much less getting out the door of the clinic. I'm sure skip directed me buy man, we even stopped at Kroger, thankfully I didn't go in as a woke up again with drool all over my arm. I made it to the couch and around 3 my phone is sending a very soothing alarm to take my antibiotics. I'm not sure how long it went off but didn't seem to bother anyone.

I am finally sitting up, Alana made my organic Golden Grahams and that's it. It's a perfect Harry Potter night so girls are already in baths, a friend offered to bring dinner which is so awesome, and we will have tv family snuggles to close another day. 

Guess my body is desperate for sleep and repairing. Prayers that the new higher dose works. That cancer cells only die leaving the healthy ones alone. For my case to be different. To be cured. For the antibiotics to work before my levels drop to badly.

Apparently the last pic taken on my phone. Nice. Lol. 

-Lavender Velvet Cheeks

1 comment: