Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Go Braves!

So I cannot really remember where we left off, I think it was awaiting the call from my neurosurgeon about the cystic something around the ommaya port. He did call and said he was not too concerned and the repeat the scan in 6 weeks. I did skip chemo, and having had taken my steroids I felt pretty good for the day. We got a little surprise and received tickets to the Braves game! We had never taken the kids to a game before and it was on my list of things to do! It was super duper fun and little Miss Alana was instantly hooked. Like from at home wanting to paint half her face red and half blue to literally almost falling over the bleachers jumping, dancing and cheering on the players. She had a bag of cotton candy and a sprite, so maybe that contributed. She decided immediately that Freddie Freeman (for no reason) was going to be her favorite and he ended up hitting a home run at the end! We were jumping around like maniacs, she is so me! This is why I do not allow myself to watch sports as I cannot contain my emotions. I mean volleyball requires Xanax so when its wide open, its nuts. Madison was way to cool for the Tomahawk Chop and it made me laugh. I think she thought we were crazy, and then noticed that we weren’t the only ones! By the end of the night, she was chopping. lol. HAHA! It was such a fun, pretty night.

I ended up sleeping in until 10:30 after helping (barely) get the kids off to school and then didn’t get up to eat until 11:30. Today is the day I wean off steroids to see if they are masking something. I’m just hoping to have a good week. I finally woke up today to mostly normal eyes and eyelids, so something is getting better, and we know the area of concern around the ommaya port was not new. So, guess I stuck my fingers in my eyes from kayaking the pond and got some infection shoved up in there. Whoops! And not quite sure of why I have so much nausea, but the patch helped a little.


Plan on laying low this week, recovering and okay, that means playing hard really. Who am I kidding? Have a super week and I’ll fill in when I get news! Thank you for all the prayers. Hopefully I’ll get some strength back this week and can go to the park or walk around some.

1 comment: