Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cancer vs. Shingles

So I was hysterically laughing last night because Skip was hurting from Shingles. It’s not funny, but it was!!! Here we are two people in pain and I’m wondering how long this is going to last as people say it can take weeks to recover from shingles. He’s been a super trooper and doesn’t complain as much as he normally would, and he still got up with the kids this morning! I wondered if it would be me but to my surprise my eyes were near swollen shut again, it was too bright and I had a pillow on my head that caused a headache because that’s just the way it is!

But I can continue. Because the dog had to see the vet yesterday from massive itching that doesn’t seem to have a known cause, so he got a shot. Alana is complaining of a shooting pain that causes her to freeze until it passes on her right side all the way up to her shoulder that I’m wondering if its something gastro or Shingles now too, which would be rare for any other family, but not the Walls. Rare is our life!

And Madison, knock on wood is healthy, but did have a 6 year old temper tantrum that I got beautifully on video only after she started laughing at the absurdity of it all. Funny thing is that the “mommy wins” concept is now realized in under 2 minutes, where at 6 years old it’s 2 hours. So there is hope.

I think that is it. Oh, my dad poked his eye on one of moms tropical plants in the backyard. I’m sorry, I just had to add that. Only my dad would end up in the ER from a plant poking his eye. I’m finding all of this very humorous for whatever reason, maybe its easier to laugh than to deal with it all. But I think maybe not. I'm just giggly.

Seriously though, Skip HAS to be better for our road trip as I don’t see him driving in his current state for long periods and we need to figure out what’s causing Alana to just freeze where she’s at until the pain passes. And though she is the BIGGEST hypochondriac ever known to earth, I’ve caught her having these episodes twice in the last couple of days. So it’s not a fake and if you have ideas, message me. Oh, and the dog got a shot so we are hopeful that helps.

Talking with the best doctors on how to move forward with the eye deal next chemo. Sounds like they may add steroids to the next dose, which I’m pretty sure we have done, and see if that helps. I don’t think they want to nor do I want them to mess with Alimta much as I feel way down deep, this stuff is kicking cancer’s butt. #positivity

Today I’m a little sore, but hope to get out and about a little more today. Last night we tackled bathing suit shopping for the girls which was uber fun and a lot less painless than I anticipated. My WBCs look good from yesterday, so all seems well with immunity so far. Just have to keep avoiding sick people and shingles. Buhaha.

Love to all. Come laugh with me!
Nadine

I just got from skip, "Cancer vs. Shingles, what the hell is wrong with you!??" I DONT KNOW!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment